Hej, we’re Oatly!
We’re a sustainability company, and our mission is to turn what people eat and drink into personal moments of healthy joy – without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process.
We’d love to go off on a tangent now and talk about our mission and how important it is to us (because it really is!). But to save you from a small essay, we’d recommend checking out our sustainability report instead.
Lucky for us and for the planet, people love our products, and the post milk generation is growing. So we need more brilliant minds to come and ride this wave with us, keeping the momentum going and the oat milk flowing.
Senior Supply Chain Manager*in DACH
And here is the role we’re looking to fill:
You will be responsible for the smooth running of the operations in your local market. This will include 3PL relationship management, customer escalation management, and working closely with Oatly’s central demand and supply team in Sweden.
Due to the fast-paced growth of the business, a lot of the role will be identifying gaps in the current logistical flow and implementing robust tools & processes to futureproof the local operations.
Please be aware that this position is an interim position and limited for 18 months.
Here are the things we want to hire you to do:
- Provide market context to the central functions on performance & subsequent supply risks.
- Provide our DACH sales team with short and long-term supply overview & recommendations on listings/promotions/distribution changes or order allocations.
- Liaise with our central planning team on inbound trucks, priority SKUs, and delivery on-time performance.
- Keep an eye on local stockholding and highlight any shortage risk to the planning and sales team.
- Work closely with the central team in Sweden on production volumes, aligning on product priorities & safety stock requirements.
- Together with our logistics team, you are a key player in the relationship management of our 3PL warehouse, providing a point of escalation for day-to-day operations, storage management, process alignment & performance management.
- Support our product portfolio team in the operational execution of new product launches.
- Be a point of escalation & support for the Oatly Customer Service team, which manages the customer orders. Providing them with stock allocations & aligning on shortage communications.
- Be the main point of contact for retailers’ supply team, to communicate shortages, raise any issues on in-store availability & order alignment.
- You and your team are responsible for demand planning in DACH markets.
- You’re responsible for our small but exquisite demand planning team (counting one oat-star).
- In general, you have the full overview of what is going on in the Oatly DACH supply chain from production to delivery to the customer and are part of the EMEA Supply Chain team.
Here are the things we think you need:
- You’re bringing 7 years of experience in a similar role to the table.
- You’re having a strong background in the food industry (preferably) or the FMCG branch.
- You thrive in a job that doesn't include a traditional workplace structure.
- You have excellent Excel and skills & enjoy building tools to create insights/efficiencies in your role.
- You are fluent in both German and English.
- You live in Berlin or are already looking forward to regular visits to our office in Berlin Kreuzberg.
And here's another list of qualities we think make a good Oatly team member:
- You feel connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency.
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success - we believe strongly in building a culture of individual accountability and ownership and need partners that can embrace that mentality.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up.
- You are process-oriented and are ready to put in place robust processes to build an outstanding company.
- You have the personality to succeed in this role – collaborative, energetic, flexible, humble, dedicated, analytical, reliable, positive, and trustworthy.
- You are ready to make your mark in a hyper-growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results and build an outstanding company.
- You enjoy sharing your quirkiness and talents with your co-workers.
- You are generally an awesome person to hang out with.
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with some of the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us, like genuinely great co-workers who want to see the company and each other succeed, a start-up vibe with an established company history, really great benefits, and a fridge full of the best non-dairy alternative in the world for your enjoyment.
And a lovely reminder at the end: don't forget that this position is an interim position and limited for 18 months.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who see sustainability and health as important values. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's do this together! It will be fun!