At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
Why do we need to do that? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation and our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast, with our community of 40 million users in 16 countries saving more than 80 million meals from going to waste - which is over 195,000 CO2 saved. (As you can imagine, this is a fantastic achievement, and it doesn't stop here - with every magic bag that is rescued, the amount of CO2 saved keeps rising!
We’re looking for an exceptional Area Manager to join us here in Munich, to work exclusively on our Edeka account - a leading German supermarket, as they join the fight against food waste. As an area manager, you will represent Too Good To Go in the highest regard whilst supporting your team in the field to drive change and forge successful partnerships.
As the Area Manager South you will
- Build and develop your sales team - hiring, training and coaching.
- Support and encourage your team to perform at their peak by hosting regular 1:1’s to offer guidance on individualised professional growth and performance plans.
- Directly manage 3-4 B2B Sales Representative in different cities all over the South of Germany.
- Drive management responsibilities, including setting weekly/monthly incentives to drive performance, aid team motivation, identify and closely monitor key performance indicators (KPIs).
- In the field support, with regular trips to collaborate with the B2B representatives.
- Support global operational projects and lead local sales projects, sharing knowledge and best practices.
What makes you the candidate we're looking for
- You’re an accomplished sales leader with at least 1 year of sales management experience, preferably in the food retail industry - Edeka experience is advantageous.
- Full driving licence, with use of own vehicle - highly valued due to varied store locations
- Guiding and motivating a team comes naturally to you and is an area that you have significant experience.
- Someone ready to optimise their dynamic sales and leadership background and is eager to use what you have learnt to create a foundation of best practices when leading your team of B2B representatives.
- Having developed or supported setting up a sales function - within a scale-up/ fast-growth business is a bonus.
- Data-oriented with experience using KPIs to guide actions within a sales environment.
- This role will include travel within your region. We encourage you to meet your team regularly, therefore being comfortable around travelling is essential.
- You are highly empathetic and emotionally intelligent, yet at the same time, you know how to professionally ‘challenge’ people.
- You are a make-it-happen person who is excited to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
- Previous experience in using a CRM/Sales tool, Salesforce a big plus.
- You have a true passion for sustainability - you understand the urgency of action for the planet.
- Fluency in both German and English.
- We fight together: food waste is a beast. We can tackle it when we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in #oneteam
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers, and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold. Our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of an international company with 1050+ enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 16 countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal and professional development in an intense, high-growth environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.