Fields of Europe is a framework system for verifying European origin, sustainability and non-GMO quality of arable crops, feed, and food products all the way through the supply chain and leading to a consumer brand on pack.
It is supported by several important European companies and institutions and lead by Donau Soja, a European non-profit association, which supports the European Protein Transition. Within the next months a non-profit limited liability company (german: gGmbH) will be founded by Donau Soja. For this interesting project and for the development work ahead we are looking for a
Managing Director (gn) of the FIELDS OF EUROPE gGmbH
In this function, you will be based in Vienna and report to the Fields of Europe gGmbH Steering Committee and to the Donau Soja Board.
You will work in an international English-speaking and German-speaking environment and closely cooperate with the Steering Committee representatives of the founding organisations in several European countries (Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, and Austria).
You will manage staff based in Vienna and closely cooperate with Donau Soja’s international team. Your main assignment will be business development for the new standard and brand, creating uptake in markets around Europe.
A further important task will be to build solid management structures and a small, focussed team.
- Lead all operations in accordance with the strategic frame set by the Steering Committee
- Build the “Fields of Europe” business and brand, identify market trends, market opportunities and potential risks, striving to make it a well-recognized and respected brand in European food and feed
- Promote the Fields of Europe system in the market, network, acquire new members and build partnerships
- Promote value chain development in Europe and participation of value chain actors in domestic and international markets through match-making activities, i.e. B2B events, business missions, international fairs and conferences etc.
- Manage general organisation and supervision activities related to quality management, insurance of Fields of Europe requirements, interests and rules related to quality management and issues.
- Be responsible for both the revenue and cost elements of the company's income statement (profit & loss responsibility)* Build a well performing team from scratch: You hire and train staff, conduct performance evaluations, handle discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with the company´s policy
- Several years of professional experience in business development, preferably in a multi-stakeholder setting
- Experience in European agricultural commodity trading / feed and food industry
- Strategic and effective planning, delegating, coordinating, staffing, organizing, and decision making to attain desirable results, ideally for a value chain based label organization
- Experience in certification / quality management beneficial
- The “mentality and attitude of a founder”: experience in business development / value chain development
- Experience in leading an (international) team
- Excellent communication skills (English, German)
- Strong network and experience in the European feed and/or food chain.
- Peoples person with a passion to reach out to and engage with various types of actors.
- A highly interesting and challenging opportunity to be part of shaping the success of an international not-for-profit organisation
- Working at the interface between the private sector, politics and civil society
- An international working environment and great options for networking
- An attractive place to work in the central district of Vienna
- The start date is as soon as possible preferably no later than 1st November
The position, although just part time at the beginning, will grow with your success:
As soon as financially possible it will be a full-time employment. For legal reasons, we declare the minimum salary being EUR 77.000 gross per year (full time basis).
Overpayment is possible based on your professional experience and qualifications.
We look forward to receiving your application! Please send your CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than on 30th September 2021 preferably with the subject "Managing Director – Fields of Europe".