As a leader in development consultancy, GOPA Worldwide Consultants implement projects in developing and transition economies on behalf of national and international development partners, national authorities, industry representatives and civil society organisations.
We understand that behind each development project there is a human story.
For this reason, our people-centred approach ensures that the projects we implement deliver the best possible outcome in terms of socially-inclusive growth and poverty reduction, and have a sustainable and measurable impact on people’s lives.
GOPA Worldwide is looking for a
Senior Project Manager (m/f/d) in the field of natural resource management, MENA and Africa
to start as soon as possible in our Rural Development and Environment department in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt am Main) / or working remotely.
Are you looking for an international working environment and enjoy working in a multicultural team with flat hierarchies?
Do you have experience in development cooperation?
Then we should get to know each other.
As Senior Project Manager you will be responsible for the acquisition of new projects as well as for the implementation and the financial and technical backstopping of on-going projects in the fields of rural development and natural resource management, with a focus on MENA and Africa in general.
Besides the work in our headquarters, you will travel abroad regularly for project set-ups and for backstopping missions and short-term expert assignments.
Our Department for Rural Development and Environment has longstanding experience in the field of natural resources management and conservation, in both terrestrial and marine contexts.
Dynamic and solution orientated:
- You contribute to the strategy setting of the Department related to acquisition of contracts and their implementation
- You coordinate and manage the acquisition processes
- You develop proposals for new projects, including methodologies and quality control
- You act as an interface between the project team on-site and the client
- You undertake short-term missions as backstopper and technical expert
- You ensure the proper technical and financial closure of projects You use your analytical skills and experience to assess, plan and implement activities and actions
- You use your communication skills to interact with multi-national teams and beneficiaries
- You prioritize actions and tasks, meet tight deadlines
What we offer
Team & culture:
You will join dynamic, multi-cultural and multilingual team members who enjoy working together and who support each other.
You join a company committed to being environmentally responsible, wherever we operate.
Our annual career development and performance review process will help you to set clearly defined goals and objectives. As a new employee, you will be part of a mentorship system.
GOPA is located close to Bad Homburg´s railway station, enabling quick and easy access to Frankfurt’s cultural activities and events.
GOPA offers an RMV job ticket and job-bike leasing, as well as subsidies for a fitness studio and day care for your children, to mention a few.
We enable flexible work arrangements, including flexible working hours, mobile or teleworking.