GOTS Public Relations Specialist (gn)
Global Standard gGmbH
Reports to: GOTS Head of Marketing
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the worldwide
leading textile processing standard for organic fibres, including
ecological and social criteria. We are a self-funded non-profit
organisation and are looking for a
Public Relations Specialist (gn)
- English Native Speaker to operate from home with travel if
necessary. Since this is a remote position, there are no barriers
on geographical location of the applicant.
Start Date: At the earliest
- Play an important role in driving GOTS communication efforts
externally, bringing our story to life consistently and advancing
GOTS’s narrative and influence.
- You will be responsible for day-to-day media relations,
developing responses, written statements, Q&As, social
content, arranging interviews, liaising with the media and
tracking and measuring coverage.
- Produce compelling written content based on developed
strategies for use in external channels such as interviews,
reports, press releases, media responses, blog posts
- Help to define and develop key messages on GOTS-related
topics and further develop our profile as a respected thought
- Be able to move skilfully between different audiences and
- Maintain and nurture close relationships with high profile
- Craft compelling stories and identify opportunities in
corporate media to mitigate potential negative news cycles.
- Organise, plan and prepare press interviews and press
conferences for GOTS staff.
Who you are
- Passionate about media relations and not afraid to pick up
the phone to seek corrections or build understanding of complex
- Ideally English and German native speaker (at least English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- 3-4 years of experience in public relations in a demanding
and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely about complex topics.
- Proven ability of proactively building and maintaining
relationships with the media and successfully generating top
tier, positive media coverage.
- Experience in acting as a trusted communications advisor on
- Positive attitude, deeply collaborative, and enjoy working as
part of a global team.
- Attention to detail and accuracy—especially across the
drafting process with multiple editors.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a remote
- You should have a strong interest in sustainability and be
familiar with Voluntary Sustainability Standards (VSS)
- A challenging, multifaceted, work-from-home position at a
world leading, internationally recognized standard.
- The chance to support the national and international movement
towards sustainable textile production.
- Growth potential based on performance and job requirements.
- A highly motivated, worldwide team and harmonious work
If you meet above criteria and are interested in the position,
please email your complete application (see below) to Holger
Stripf (firstname.lastname@example.org), by 24 January 2022.
Please include the following in your application
- Writing samples
- Any information you think would be most useful for us in
understanding your background and accomplishments
- Salary expectations
- Global Standard gGmbH
- Holger Stripf
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: