GOTS Organic Production Specialist (gn)
Global Standard gGmbH
Reports to: GOTS Managing Director
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the worldwide
leading textile processing standard for organic fibres, including
ecological and social criteria.
We are a self-funded non-profit organisation and are looking for
Organic Production Specialist (gn)
to operate from home with travel if necessary. This is a part
time position for about 20 hours a week which may be reviewed for
a full-time appointment in one year.
Start Date: At the earliest
Your key responsibilities include
- Be the central point for all issues regarding organic fibre
production in connection with GOTS
- Promote organic and organic in conversion fibre production
within the GOTS processing chain and other stakeholders in order
to connect fibre producers with the GOTS processing chain
- Contribute to GOTS Standard development and Quality Assurance
measures related to organic fibre production, which may include
providing content and comments for webinars and standard
- Provide knowledge internally as basis for GOTS policies and
publications (and social media)
- Coordinate with external organisations and stakeholders in
the field of organic production
- Represent GOTS interests at relevant external standards
bodies, stakeholder meetings, seminars and conferences and
Candidates for the post of GOTS Organic Production Specialist
should match the following profile
- Sound knowledge regarding organic agriculture
- At least 5 years’ experience from similar functions in public
sector, international organisations or civil society.
- Relevant advanced degree.
- Knowledge and experience in Project Management
- Familiarity with the global system of Voluntary
Sustainability Standards (VSS) and a positive attitude to VSS
including feasibility and barriers, valuing the dynamic of a
standard as innovator and forerunner.
- Sound knowledge of the GOTS Standard and Certification System
and /or related standards.
- Experience working in multicultural and multidisciplinary
- Ability to work in a team from distance, operate
independently: self-motivating, self-guiding, self-structuring
and coordinate actions under supervision of the GOTS Management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to travel as and when necessary.
- Willingness and ability to learn and innovate within the
- Fluency in English is required, written and spoken. Knowledge
of other languages especially German is a plus.
A challenging, multifaceted, work-from-home position at a world
leading, internationally recognized standard organisation.
The chance to support the national and international movement
towards sustainable textile production.
A highly motivated, worldwide team and harmonious work
How to apply
If you meet above criteria and are interested in the position,
please email your resume to Jacqueline Schneider,
- Global Standard gGmbH
- Jacqueline Schneider
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: