PhD scholarship - Temperate Forest Ecosystems & Ecology
Technische Universität München
We are looking for a PROMISSING FELLOW!
Interested in Temperate Forest Ecosystems & Ecology?
1 x Zwillenberg-Tietz PhD scholarship “2022”
2022 € per month for 3 years (d/f/m)
Studying drought stress responses of native and non-native tree species
- Extreme weather conditions with heat and drought waves are causing severe stress in different forest ecosystems around the world
- Stress levels are influenced by site conditions, forest structure and participating tree species
- To face the challenges all these factors have to be considered to increase the future resilience of the forest stands.
- The successful fellow will be studying a few native and two non-native species within a forest ecosystem on drought stressed sites in Eastern Germany
- This project aims to support the adaptation process of managed forests
Who we are:
- Professorship for Forest and Agroforest Systems, Technical University of Munich
- Soil Science of Temperate Ecosystems, Georg August University of Göttingen
The fellow we are looking for ideally has:
- Proven knowledge of forest ecosystems, especially in silviculture and soil science
- Pronounced scientific curiosity and competence in quantitative data analysis
- Excellent diploma or master’s degree in a related field
- German-speaking with excellent knowledge of English
- Driving license valid for Germany
- High level of self-organization and ability to work in the forest
We are looking forward to receiving your (1) letter of interest (2) a detailed CV and (3) contact information of two referees as a single PDF file (ZT_2022_surname.pdf) in an email attachment to Prof. Dr. Peter Annighöfer, email@example.com
Questions regarding project or position?
Please contact: Prof. Dr. Peter Annighöfer; firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: 20.06.2022
TUM and UGOE are equal opportunity employers. Qualified people of all gender are encouraged to apply. We strive to increase the proportion of women, so applications from women are especially welcome. Applicants with disabilities will be given preference, if they essentially have the same qualifications.
As part of your application for a position at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) or the University of Göttingen (UGOE), you are transmitting personal data. Please note the data protection information in accordance with Art. 13 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR; Datenschutzgrundverordnung DSGVO) on collection and processing of personal data in the context of your application (https://portal.mytum.de/kompass/datenschutz/Bewerbung/ for TUM and https://www.uni-goettingen.de/hinweisdsgvo for UGOE). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have read TUM's respectively UGOE’s data protection information.
- Technische Universität München
Professur für Wald- und Agroforstsysteme
- Prof. Dr. Peter Annighöfer
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: