Project Manager (gn)
Planblue is growing and so are the number of dive and test missions we do. We need you because you’re a star in planning and organizing diving missions around the world. You are an expert on taxonomy of seafloor organisms.
What you'll be doing
- Lead, plan, organize and execute seafloor monitoring campaigns for customers and/or partners, as well as test campaigns
- Organize and optimize campaigns (incl. logistics, shipment, permits), whilst directly involving and communicating to associated stakeholders
- Train and certify customers and/or partners to independently use the Underwater Satellite & Seafloor Atlas
- Ensure all equipment needed to execute seafloor mapping campaign is organized, maintained, and serviced (e.g., dive gear needs yearly inspection by our sponsors, dive tanks are always filled with air)
- Align business and product side of planblue for upcoming campaigns (e.g., planning, customer expectation management)
- Identify seafloor organisms from our collected seafloor data using planblue’s software, to train machine learning algorithms to automatically detect organisms and objects
- Give feedback as a diver and user of our software and hardware products to product team
- You will be working within the project team
What you bring
- Scientific and/or commercial diver qualification with more than 3 years of experience in the field (e.g., ESD, AESD or AAUS)
- Experience to set up, plan, organise and lead dive missions around the world
- Great taxonomy skills (i.e., identify organisms/objects on the seafloor)
- MSc in the field of marine biology, oceanography, marine ecology, environmental science, or a related field
- Fluent in English, with excellent writing skills
Bonus points if you have
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Phd in the field of marine biology, oceanography, marine ecology, environmental science, or a related field
- Knowhow of and network within the carbon sequestration industry (e.g., kelp forests, seagrass meadows)
- Speak German
What we offer
- A salary between € 45k and € 50k
- 28 days of annual leave
- A bright office next to a park with free organic coffee, drinks & fruits
- Free diving courses! 🤿
- Access to multiple fitness, yoga and other sports studios (Hansefit)
- Play a pivotal role in building our mission-driven company from the ground up
- Be part of an international & entrepreneurial group of people who emphasize diversity & collaboration
- Opportunity to learn & grow your skills and network through (personal) coaching and by attending workshops, conferences, international research projects.
- Good balance between work & private life with flexible working and home office hours
Are you excited?
We totally understand that, so are we! By joining us you can play an active role in changing the way the world views the ocean. Enthusiastic by the idea that your work will directly impact our products? Then we’d love to hear from you!
→ Research shows that while men apply to jobs if they meet ~60% of criteria, women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups tend to apply only if they check all the boxes. So, if you think you have what it takes but don't meet every single point above, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
→ We value the diversity of our colleagues. People with disabilities are currently underrepresented in our company. We want to change that. For this reason, we are part of the Inklupreneur project and strongly encourage people living with disabilities to apply. We have the facilities and flexibility. We will support you in the working environment.
- PlanBlue GmbH
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: