Real-World Emissions Data & Modeling Road Transport Fellowship (m/w/d)
International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT)
The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) is an award-winning, independent, global, non-profit research organization that provides data-driven research to advance policies that reduce the health and environmental impacts of the transportation sector.
The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Join our team of more than 100 talented researchers and operations staff with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, Berlin, Beijing, and São Paulo.
Real-World Emissions Data & Modeling Road Transport Fellowship (m/w/d) - Berlin
We seek a highly motivated and committed Fellow who will contribute primarily to research on European projects and part of the ICCT’s International Partnerships Program.
The Fellow will contribute to ICCT’s work in support of The Real Urban Emissions (TRUE) initiative, which aims to enable evidenced based policy and consumer choices through the collection, analysis, reporting of real-world vehicle emissions data and modeling fleet emission scenarios.
An important aspect of this work includes analyzing data from in-use vehicle emissions testing studies conducted in Eastern Europe, including for Poland. Representative work can be seen on the ICCT’s International Partnerships Program and the TRUE initiative website.
This fellowship will be based in our Berlin, Germany office. The length of the fellowship will be negotiable, from 9 to 12 months. You will report to an ICCT Senior Researcher.
- Perform quantitative analyses of real-world vehicle emissions datasets, model of fleet emissions scenario
- Perform high-quality quantitative research to support city-level policies addressing the climate and health effects of transportation (e.g., low-emission zone), particularly on-road vehicles
- Review and summarize technical and scientific literature
- Contribute to blogs, briefing papers, memos, working papers, and white papers to communicate research findings and the policy implications
- Help to organize outreach activities, such as briefings, meetings, and workshops
- Other duties as assigned
- Working at ICCT means being part of a highly motivated and professional and at the same time familial and supportive team. This is a full-time (40 hours/week), temporary position for 9 to 12 months.
- You will be based in ICCT's Berlin office.
- Your salary will be €2,800 per month in addition to hybrid office/remote flexibilities and other great benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in data science, engineering, environmental science or policy, transportation, or related field
- Superior quantitative, analytical, and research skills
- Experience or interest in energy, transportation, climate change, air quality, public policy, or related topics
- Demonstrated experience collecting, critically analyzing, and drawing insights from data
- Proficiency with analytical and modeling with R or Python, but also with other tools such as Matlab, or Excel
- Strong interpersonal and English communication skills, both written and verbal. Polish is a plus
- Experience working in teams and a collaborative research environment
Please submit a resume and two relevant writing samples, if available. Please refrain from submitting a photograph. And instead of a cover letter we would be interested in a brief essay a) addressing why you are the perfect fit for this position and b) describing some of your previous activities that are relevant for the open position.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT)
- 030 2332678-411
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: