DevOps Engineer (gn)
unique land use GmbH
Unique land use GmbH is an internationally leading consulting firm for sustainable agriculture, climate change and forestry. Our vision is transforming land use towards an inclusive and sustainable future for all. We strive for excellency and innovations to the highest satisfactions of our clients. Since establishment in 1998, we have carried out over 1000 projects in more than 80 countries for a wide range of public and private sector clients (e.g., the World Bank, IFC, GIZ, KfW, Danone). Unique’s headquarter is located in Freiburg, n the Southwest of Germany. In addition, we have offices in East Africa, Paraguay, Vietnam and Kyrgyzstan. With more than 60 permanent staff, we have a large and diverse team of experts. This allows us to deliver high quality consultancies in different fields of relevance for the land use sector.
Unique’s Digital Solutions Team (www.digital.unique-landuse.de) is supporting our project teams with digital tools for mobile data collection, data processing, data analytics and reporting. We develop applications for forest and land use monitoring, and we implement comprehensive forest inventories, including land cover assessments. To date, we have carried out more than 50 projects in the field of information technology in the forestry and land use sector in more than 20 countries all over the world.
Unique is seeking to recruit a
DevOps engineer (gn)
to support our growing Digital Solutions Team.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Managing servers, databases and docker images and containers; building and maintaining tools and infrastructure for automated deployment and upgrade processes.
- Extension and administration of our DevOps software environment.
- Developing the automated pipelines for potential future cloud and development environments.
- Implementation of development and continuous delivery services.
- Integration, automation and optimization of operational tools and processes.
- Responsibility for the operations and operating environment for our platforms.
- Optional: Low code app development.
- Completed studies in computer science, vocational training as an IT specialist or comparable qualification.
- Good knowledge of current DevOps tools for orchestration, automated build and deployment processes, e.g. Python, PHP, JS, Docker, Jenkins, Git & GitLab, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Firewalls.
- Systematic and structured way of thinking and proceeding.
- Innovative spirit and creativity in finding solutions.
- Good English and German language skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- High quality awareness and careful way of working.
At Unique you will work in a dynamic, innovative, and agile work environment with a high degree of autonomy. Our culture is based on a flat hierarchy and infused with a collaborative spirit. Some additional benefits you will encounter are flexible working hours and part-time working models, a company pension plan, bike leasing (JobRad) and bike service.
Please send your application (CV and cover letter) by July 15th, 2022 to
Only applications in PDF format will be accepted. We would appreciate if you could inform us in your application email how you found out about this position.
- Remote möglich
- unique land use GmbH
79098 Freiburg im Breisgau
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: