Junior Development Engineer (gn)
We need you to help us take our underwater technology to the next level with your great hands-on engineering skills. You will bring planblue further by applying your excellent ideas and solutions to exciting and diverse challenges in underwater environments.
What you'll be doing
You will be part of our Wet Engineering team, meaning you’ll work on all our products that go under water. Your focus will be on developing underwater camera systems for diver-operated and robotic vehicles. This will include:
- implementation of control software for sensors and camera systems on NVIDIA Jetson platform
- continuous hard- and software tests of underwater camera systems
- evaluation and selection of new sensors
- planning and preparation of lab and field tests
- taking your work through the full lifecycle: design, prototype, test, launch.
What you bring
- Great eagerness to roll up your sleeves and dive deep into further developing our hardware
- Experience working in a similar role – this could also be in an internship
- Experience & skills with C/C++ and Python software development
- Knowledge and experience in (embedded) Linux environments
Bonus points if you have
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Proficiency in computer vision and (underwater) navigation
- Experience with Robotics middleware such as Robot Operating System (ROS)
What we offer
- A salary between € 41k and € 45k
- 28 days of annual leave
- A bright office next to a park with free organic coffee, drinks & fruits
- Free diving courses! 🤿
- Access to multiple fitness, yoga and other sports studios (Hansefit)
- Play a pivotal role in building our mission-driven company from the ground up
- Be part of an international & entrepreneurial group of people who emphasize diversity & collaboration
- Opportunity to learn & grow your skills and network through (personal) coaching and by attending workshops, conferences, international research projects.
- Good balance between work & private life with flexible working and home office hours
Are you excited?
We totally understand that, so are we! By joining us you can play an active role in changing the way the world views the ocean. Enthusiastic by the idea that your work will directly impact our products? Then we’d love to hear from you!
→ Research shows that while men apply to jobs if they meet ~60% of criteria, women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups tend to apply only if they check all the boxes. So, if you think you have what it takes but don't meet every single point above, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
→ We value the diversity of our colleagues. People with disabilities are currently underrepresented in our company. We want to change that. For this reason, we are part of the Inklupreneur project and strongly encourage people living with disabilities to apply. We have the facilities and flexibility. We will support you in the working environment.
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: