Senior Remote Sensing Expert (gn)
GRAS Global Risk Assessment Services GmbH
Global Risk Assessment Services (GRAS) is an innovative company providing information to ecological and social sustainability. GRAS helps agricultural producers, processors, brand owners, traders, NGOs, scientists and investors to review sustainability risks for individual suppliers, sourcing areas or countries. In addition, GRAS supports certification systems, certification bodies and auditors in objective sustainability analysis and verification of land use change.
At GRAS we are a close team of highly motivated, supportive and committed young professionals with a multitude of backgrounds. If you feel we are a fit, we are looking forward to welcoming you in our team in our Cologne office.
Senior Remote Sensing Expert
- Processing of satellite data
- Analysis of satellite imagery data on land use/land cover, change detection, time series analysis
- Application of modular process chains for change detection
- Develop state of the art remote sensing methods
- Conduction of sustainability assessments
- Project management and communication with international partners
- Master’s degree or equivalent in geography, geoinformatics, agriculture and forestry, agricultural economics, or similar
- Proven work experience in remote sensing. Experience in radar data is of advantage
- Expertise in geodata processing software (e.g. QGIS, ArcGIS)
- Advanced knowledge in automated processing of satellite data
- Experience in cloud computing of remote sensing data is of advantage (e.g. CREODIAS, Google Earth Engine)
- High degree of initiative and commitment combined with an independent working style and pragmatic, hands-on attitude
- Ability to work in an international, multidisciplinary team
- Very good written and spoken English skills are essential. German is a plus
- Willingness to contribute to the continuous improvement process and to drive change
What we offer
- Cross-functional tasks
- Intensive training
- Flat hierachies
- Attractive Payment
- Mobile working
- Free coffee, tea, water and fruits
- Central & modern office
- Public transport ticket
- Employee events
- Independent work
- Intensive Onboarding
- Flexible working times
- Professional development opportunities
- Multidisciplinary team
- Team spirit
Ready to join our team?
Then we would be happy to hear from you soon! Please apply using the link below with a brief cover letter, CV and any relevant certificates.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
We are a company with equal opportunities for everyone and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, gender or any other criteria that is not a professional qualification for an open position.
- GRAS Global Risk Assessment Services GmbH
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: