Senior Corporate Officer (gn)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Application deadline: Rolling
Earliest starting date: As soon as possible
As a Senior Corporate Officer for an EU-funded project managed by CDP Europe, you will be responsible for driving CDP’s engagement with European corporations. Specifically, you will lead corporate engagement within an international project team that is leveraging the opportunity provided by the EU’s mandatory corporate sustainability reporting framework to enhance the quality and quantity of climate and nature-related sustainability disclosures by European companies and their suppliers.
You will raise awareness among corporate stakeholders about the integration of aspects of the EU disclosure regime into CDP’s disclosure programme and build capacity as to how they can use CDP’s questionnaires to fulfil their reporting obligations in light of the evolving European regulation (with particular focus on the EU taxonomy, the SFDR, and the CSRD). Your work is a vital component of CDP Europe’s work towards a net-zero and nature-positive economy.
The role includes
- Responsible for meeting corporate engagement deliverables under the project;
- Creating an engagement strategy and timeline, integrating various forms of engagement (webinars, mailouts, individual conversations, workshop sessions, etc) in line with corporate information needs and project deliverables;
- Organizing and conducting webinars and workshops, running mailouts and holding individual conversations with corporate stakeholders (potentially including via business associations) in line with the above-mentioned engagement strategy;
- Running a consultation with selected corporate stakeholders to gather feedback and additional guidance needs around the envisaged changes to CDP’s questionnaires;
- Assessing corporate information needs resulting from the evolving EU regulation and identifying and sketching out suggested data outputs (e.g. an extract of EU taxonomy-aligned datapoints from a company’s complete CDP response; additional analysis of supplier responses for CDP’s Supply Chain members; etc);
- Educating CDP Europe’s corporate staff about the envisaged questionnaire integration to enable them to weave this narrative into their general engagement activities;
- In alignment with the project’s Senior Policy Officer, monitor those elements of the EU regulatory landscape relevant for corporate stakeholders and regularly updating CDP’s corporate staff about additional reporting requirements for corporations;
- Supporting the greater project team with corporate expertise that feeds into project planning and delivering on project objectives.
The successful candidate should have
- Minimum BA/BSc degree or equivalent experience (Master’s degree preferred);
- 4+ years of prior work experience in the corporate sustainability space, ideally with direct exposure to corporate reporting (e.g. in a CSR/external communications department, an environmental consultancy, an NGO or similar);
- A working understanding of the TCFD/EU Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive and corporate reporting/disclosure requirements related to sustainability information;
- A good understanding of the sustainable finance and ESG reporting agendas (Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation, EU Taxonomy, European Single Access Point, ESG ratings);
- Some understanding of other major global sustainability-related or digital taxonomies, standards and frameworks (e.g. TNFD, ISSB and SEC) is a benefit;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular Excel, Word, Power Point) and CRM systems;
- Willingness to travel across continental Europe on occasion;
- Strong English language verbal and written communications skills. Other EU languages is an asset.
- The ability to work independently and meet deadlines under pressure;
- Meticulous attention to detail and rigour;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral;
- An excellent sense for interpersonal contact, and confidence in interacting with high-level representatives from public and private sectors, using determination and diplomacy;
- A strong personal drive, demonstrable ability to take initiative, multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure;
- An intellectual curiosity.
What we offer
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, innovative and highly motivated team;
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a good cause;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- Company Pension with Allianz;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at Sony Centre/Potsdamer Platz with free hot and cold beverages.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany. The initial contract will extend for one year, with the aim of long-term cooperation. Interested? Interested candidates should submit their complete application documents (motivation letter, CV, references/certificates and salary expectations) in English, via our recruiting platform, addressed to the HR Department.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding
- CDP Europe
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: