Fellowship – European Heavy-Duty Vehicles Program (Berlin)
International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT)
The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) is pleased to announce the opening of a new Fellow position in its Heavy-Duty Vehicles Program in Europe and invites all eligible applicants to apply. The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) is an award-winning, independent, global, non-profit research organization that provides data-driven research to advance policies that reduce the health and environmental impacts of the transportation sector. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Join our team of more than 100 talented researchers and support staff with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, Berlin, Beijing, and São Paulo.
The ICCT seeks a Fellow who will contribute their energy and creativity towards research that will shape the global technology transition in the heavy-duty vehicle sector. This fellowship will provide the opportunity to work at the intersection of vehicle technology, economics, and public policy. Representative work can be seen at the ICCT’s heavy-duty vehicle program page.
This 12-month fellowship, based in our office in Berlin, Germany, is best suited to someone with inventiveness, creativity, resourcefulness, and curiosity, willing to work hard and learn fast. To be successful in our work environment, you must be intellectually curious, self-directed, and able to work with people from across the globe.
- Develop models to assess the infrastructure needs of zero-emission heavy-duty vehicles
- Perform high-quality quantitative research to support the development of local, regional, and national regulations addressing emissions from on-road freight vehicles and buses
- Manage datasets, and perform quantitative analyses and visualization on them
- Review and summarize technical and scientific literature, as well as policies on vehicle emissions and electrification
- Help to organize outreach activities, such as briefings, meetings, and workshops
- Prepare presentations and present findings in public forums, such as workshops and conferences, as well as in private forums, such as invite-only stakeholder meetings and policymaker briefings
- Author or co-author deliverables to communicate research findings and policy implications
- Review other colleagues’ work as well as partners’ work on projects
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or related technical field; Master's level or other graduate-level degree is a plus
- Skills in analytical and modeling tools (e.g., Matlab, R, or Python)
- Interest or experience investigating the climate, energy, and/or health impacts of the transport sector, the on-road freight sector, or vehicle technologies
- Experience collecting, critically analyzing, and drawing insights from data
- Strong English language skills, both written and verbal
- Experience working in teams and a collaborative research environment
- Demonstrated research, education, or work experience with vehicle electrification is a plus
- Intermediate to advanced written and verbal skill in a second language is a plus
- Prior work or study experience outside of your home country is a plus
This is a full-time (40 hours/week), temporary position for 12 months. The position may lead to regular, full-time employment depending on organizational resources and the Fellow’s performance. The position will be based in the ICCT’s Europe office in Berlin. We offer a competitive gross salary of 2,800 EUR per month, depending on education and experience.
- International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT)
- (030) 2332678-411
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: