Researcher for Living Labs in Agricultural Landscapes (m/f/d)
Leibniz-Zentrum für Agrarlandschaftsforschung (ZALF) e. V.
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
The ZALF project Prep-LL aims to establish the basis for a regional network of living labs (LL) to support the co-innovation and co-design for sustainable agricultural landscapes. It will investigate societal targets for sustainable agricultural production systems and promote the respective transformation in the landscape context. The project is designated to developing a comprehensive concept for a network of LL. It will develop the necessary knowledge and structural basis to support its initial implementation. The crop diversification on-farm experiment patchCROP will serve as a specific nucleus case for one LL within a set of at least three pilot cases forming an initial LL network.
Within this project we are pleased to announce a position starting at the earliest possible date for a
Researcher for Living Labs in Agricultural Landscapes (m/f/d)
- analysing scientific literature, strategic documents and other relevant resources on living labs (LL) and related topics
- conducting a theory-based analysis of how the characteristics of LL can be adapted to agricultural landscapes with crop and/or grassland systems
- integrating results from collaborating activities on participatory modelling, stakeholder analysis, the patchCrop experiment and from other related ZALF activities, supporting the development of an overall concept for designing and establishing a network of LL
- support for and contribution to meetings and workshops related to the development of LL and the respective networks; preparation of presentations for stakeholder groups and for the Scientific Director of ZALF within the scope of LL
- publication of scientific journal articles including review and scoping papers and internal reports
- completed doctorate or PhD and an academic background in agricultural science, environmental science, geography or similar; additional interdisciplinary experience in social sciences (governance of sustainability transformations, political science or behavioural economics) and transdisciplinary approaches is a strong advantage
- good knowledge of concepts and theories on transdisciplinary and participatory approaches, ideally in living lab settings
- good knowledge of current scientific and political debates regarding the sustainable development of agricultural systems
- good understanding of and experience in organizational development and networks is of advantage
- practical experience in living labs or other transdisciplinary constellations is of advantage, as well as knowledge on learning and evaluation in real-world conditions
- strong motivation to work in an interdisciplinary team, and interest in direct interaction with regional stakeholders. Proven ability
- science communication skills to non-scientific audiences is an advantage
- strong motivation for conceptual work and proven ability to work in complex problem settings
- very good command of English in speaking and writing is required, good command of the German language (level B2 or better) is a strong advantage
What we offer:
The project is led by Prof. Frank Ewert and supported by the directorate. The position will be allocated in the directorate and will work closely with other Living Lab project team members allocated in respective thematic working groups.
The successful candidate will be offered a full-time contract. Salary will follow the guidelines for public employees according to the German TV-L level of E13, including special annual payment. The position is initially limited to 3 years. An extension with a second project phase is aspired. The working place is in Müncheberg near Berlin, Germany. Mobile work of max. 40% of monthly working time is possible given reconciliation with project requirements. ZALF offers individual options for career development such as financial support for trainings and coaching as well as variable options to access scientific resources.
ZALF is an equal opportunities employer (audit berufundfamilie® certificate) and specifically encourages female scientists to apply. Applications of disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be favoured.
Application and candidate selection
Application documents should include a cover letter addressing your fit to the position, a comprehensive CV, proof of qualification and certificates, contacts for reference. Please send your application as a single PDF file (max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc. Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) to Bewerbungen@zalf.de, stating the reference number 79-2022 The deadline for applications is 28th August 2022.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Katharina Brüser (firstname.lastname@example.org), Toni Klemm (email@example.com) or Prof. Dr. Frank Ewert (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For cost reasons, any application documents can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.
You can find further information at: www.zalf.de/en/ueber_uns/Pages/Datenschutzerklaerung.aspx
Information “publication of job advertisements”
- Leibniz-Zentrum für Agrarlandschaftsforschung (ZALF) e. V.
Eberswalder Straße 84
- Frau Katharina Brüser / Herr Prof. Dr. Ewert / Herr Toni Klemm
- 033432 / 82-4092
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: