Communication Team Lead Europe Department (gn)
Zoologische Gesellschaft Frankfurt
Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS) is an internationally operating conservation organisation based in Germany that has been supporting conservation projects in Africa, South America, South East Asia and Europe for many decades. Following our mission to conserve wildlife and ecosystems we are focusing on protected areas and outstanding wild places.
Lead an international communications team to showcase FZS’s work in eastern Europe (mainly the Carpathians), on the Kazakh Steppe and in Germany. Develop communications strategies and manage and oversee outputs contributing towards the achievement of our conservation goals.
We seek a candidate with the proven ability, experience and skills needed to manage our external communications across different countries and contexts in a creative and dynamic manner. The full-time position will be based in Frankfurt, at the FZS headquarters, and is initially limited to two years, but with a longer-term perspective. Willingness to travel and visit project areas frequently is a prerequisite for employment.
- Line-manage Europe Dept. communications staff (Communications Officers, Country-level Team Leads, Freelancers)
- Oversee the elaboration, implementation, and assessment of communications strategies
- Build a broad understanding and overview of FZS Europe conservation work and oversee and coordinate content production
- Build and oversee Europe department digital library (interim task)
- Act as a link between Europe Dept. and FZS Communications Dept. to ensure information flow in both directions
- Achieve high quality and consistency of all public communications
- Higher degree – or equivalent experience – in communications studies, journalism, nature conservation, environmental studies or related fields
- More than 5 years’ experience in communications, preferably in the field of nature conservation and working internationally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (German and English)
- Significant experience engaging with international media
- Experience developing and implementing communications and social media strategies and tools to monitor and evaluate their success
- Digital communication experience (website content development, social media management)
- Energetic ‘roll up the sleeves’ work ethic, creative ‘out the box’ thinking, and attention to detail
- A passion for wilderness and nature conservation
- An exciting opportunity to lead an international team and oversee a diverse portfolio of communications work.
- Contribute towards FZS Europe’s work in some of the largest and most intact wilderness areas remaining on the continent.
- Form part of a dynamic and motivated team in Europe, but also become a member of the larger FZS global team working to secure outstanding wild places across the globe.
- Zoologische Gesellschaft Frankfurt
60316 Frankfurt am Main
- Marthe Braun
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: