Leibniz-Zentrum für Agrarlandschaftsforschung (ZALF) e.V.
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society.
ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
Research at ZALF relies on extensive and well-documented data and simulation as a foundation of scientific work. ZALF’s research platform "Data Analysis & Simulation" is dedicated to the comprehensive collection, long-term storage and documentation of data for research, the further development of modern methods for the statistical analysis of large data sets and of simulation models and methods. The research on and via various modelling approaches integrates the different topics and disciplines at ZALF.
As part of the EU-funded research project SWITCH, a foodshed model is to be set up for regions in Europe. For this task, we are looking for a candidate to start, subject to funding, on 01.03.2023 for 42 months at our location in Müncheberg.
- mapping cropping systems in different regions of Europe by means of remote sensing
- simulation of climate change and management scenarios using a mechanistic agro-ecosystem model
- integrating simulated yields and other ecosystem services as well as socio-economic data in a foodshed model
- studies in geosciences or agricultural sciences
- experience with statistics and geo-information systems
- programming experience in Python or R
- interest in the interaction of biophysical and socio-economic processes in the context of the agri-food system
- very good command of English (written and spoken)
Additional beneficial skills:
- team player
- communication skills
- an independent and well-organised work style and time management
What we offer:
- a versatile job in which you can contribute with your professional skills and personality
- an interdisciplinary working environment that promotes independent action and independent work
- support in reconciling work and family life
- grouping in accordance with the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L) up to EG 13 (65%) including annual bonus payment
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. It is generally possible to work in the position on a part-time basis. Please send your application preferably online (see button online application below).
For e-mail applications, create a PDF document (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc. Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates,
- stating the reference number 143-2022
- until 15 January 2023
to (see button e-mail application below).
- If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Nendel, Tel. 033432/82-355.
Application documents sent by post or extensive publications will not be returned
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.
- Leibniz-Zentrum für Agrarlandschaftsforschung (ZALF) e.V.
Eberswalder Straße 84
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: