Internship ( m/f/x) - mitigation targets, policies & actions
Internship in the area of mitigation targets, policies and actions
- Period: 3 months, longer period possible if mandatory as part of study program
- Starting in February/March 2023.
- Full time – 40 hours per week.
NewClimate Institute (www.newclimate.org) is a think tank with offices in Cologne and Berlin. We are a team of researchers and policy advisors with extensive experience in supporting the international climate negotiations and associated national and international processes.
Through our policy-oriented research and capacity building we help international organisations, national governments, non-governmental organisations, and other actors to find and implement solutions to the global climate change challenge. NewClimate’s key motivating values are to strive for positive impact, whilst enjoying our work and a positive team spirit built on openness, trust and inclusiveness.
NewClimate Institute regularly works with motivated Master’s degree students, interested in a career in climate policy, who may join the NewClimate Institute team for an internship of three months (longer period possible if mandatory part of study programme). For this position, we are seeking a candidate to support the research in a project assessing a set of global and country-specific greenhouse gas (GHG) mitigation actions across different sectors to close the emissions gap in 2030.
- Literature review and data collection from studies related to climate change mitigation from a variety of sectors at the global and regional levels.
- Support the quantification of the aggregate reduction potential of a variety of mitigation actions including the possible overlap between them with an existing methodology.
- Support the preparation of a methodology document detailing the identification of various GHG mitigation actions and calculation steps for the impact quantification.
- General project support (ad-hoc desk research on different sectors/ topics, contributions to presentations, reports, etc.).
The internship will be remunerated. Actual conditions depend on qualification of the candidate.
The preferred candidate is a motivated Master’s student with a high degree of responsibility, an independent working style, and a deep interest in the field of climate policy. Ideally, the candidate has some understanding of emissions quantification, and/or expertise in one of the main sectors (i.e. energy, transport, agriculture, and industry).
- Enrolment in a Master’s programme (or equivalent) in a relevant field of study with a focus on natural sciences, environmental studies, engineering, climate change or related topic for the duration of the internship.
- Quick learning ability and openness to delve into different climate-related topics.
- Pre-existing knowledge and experience with emissions quantification and aggregation is an advantage.
- Interest and competence in developing research methods.
- Good command of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent English skills in both speaking and writing.
- Eligibility to work in Germany (EU/EFTA passport, enrolment at a German university or work permit for Germany).
If you are interested in an internship, as described above, please send us your CV including a short cover letter and an academic transcript to date to
addressed to Lena Gentes. Important:
Please include the reference number “R-IN2213” in the email subject and make sure to send all relevant information and files in a single PDF document with a maximum size of 10 MB.
- 50676 Cologne
- NewClimate Institute
- Lena Gentes
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: