Backend Software Engineer (m/f/x)
Our mission is to provide innovative services critical to society, unlocking a cleaner, better and more profitable future.
Working towards this goal, Volue has become a leading technology supplier and enabler of the green transition, helping energy companies simplify and optimize everyday operations.
At Volue Insight we enable our customers to do data driven decision making – spanning from creating pricing models for energy products, when to buy energy, when to invest in renewable power plants or power-consuming industry. Our Development department helps our colleagues who are data scientists and market experts to build models predicting the energy market in short, mid- and long term. We develop and operate a self-serve data platform for efficient storage, modelling and distribution of substantial amounts of time series data for the energy sector.
Backend Software Engineer (m/f/x)
We are now looking for Backend Software Engineer who can help us to continuously improve Volue’s ability to provide value to customers in line with the Volue mission. As a Backend Engineer at Volue you will be a part of a diverse team. You will work in an interdisciplinary fashion, while supporting the team with your expertise. Below we list some of the most important tasks for the team you hopefully will be part of:
What you will be doing to make a difference:
- Expand and maintain our distributed timeseries platform: it has an async Java backend on top of an Apache Cassandra cluster.
- Build a new GRPC API to automate the timeseries management for our analysts, a necessity when they have 200k+ timeseries. The backend is Python.
- Assist the analysts in automating existing model pipelines in python, to accelerate the time it takes to build and publish models to our customers.
- Ensure good observability into our platform and model pipelines with metrics, dashboards and alerts.
What you need to succeed:
- You have 2-4 years experience with Python or Java development
- You have basic skills for relational databases, advantage with NoSQL knowledge
- You keep up to date on technologies for building distributed systems, and are open to choosing between OpenAPI, GraphQL and gRPC based on what suits the job better.
- You have written production services in Python or Java and potentially other languages, and you have the mentality of “you build it, you run it”.
- You would like to be valued on the quality of your craft
- You have cloud experience, preferably GCP
- Fluency in English, German is beneficial
Reasons to join Volue team and what we offer:
- Large degree of influence in shaping & developing the role further
- Great colleagues in one of Europe’s most exciting green tech companies with innovative and international work environment
- Flexible working hours & competitive compensation package
We are looking to hire for Volue office in Berlin.
In Volue, we cherish each employee’s competence, ideas and personality. Let your skills and talent be a part of our team – and let us leave our mark on the world together!
In Volue, we believe that in order to be a successful company, we need to bring everyone to the table.
We look at diversity as a competitive advantage. A diverse workforce enables better decision-making and creates more value. By inclusion, we refer to the sense of belonging and being part of a community at work. We want the people of Volue to feel welcome, valued and not least encouraged to bring their whole, unique selves to work.
Volue is about people. From staff to client, people are at the center of all our operations, and we always strive for a flat structure where everyone feels included, appreciated and recognized for their individual efforts. Or as we call it "ONE Volue". We hire talented individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, cultural background or religious beliefs.
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: