Research assistant (f/m/d) in Environmental Hazard Risk Assessment
Leibniz-Zentrum für Agrarlandschaftsforschung (ZALF) e.V.
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society.
ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
The objective of Clim4Cast is to increase the resilience of the Central European region to impacts of drought, heatwaves, fire weather, and their compound effects. The objective will be achieved through a combination of improved monitoring and early warning, utilization of the region's best practices, and implementation of new communication strategies. The project is nested in a Central European partner network and the PhD position is nested in the ZALF Research Platform Data Analysis and Simulation.
We are offering, subject to funding, a 65% position for 36 months at our main location in Müncheberg close to Berlin as
Research assistant (f/m/d)
in Environmental Hazard Risk Assessment
- data analysis of high dimensional agro-ecological and meteorological variables
- quantitative linkage between drought, heat and fire events with climate change
- risk analysis of extreme events based on available data and climate projections
- numerical modelling for drought, heat and fire risk forecasting
- presentation of research results in peer-reviewed publications, project meetings and conferences
- M. Sc. in Geography/Biology/Geo-ecology/Environmental Sciences
- good understanding of environmental processes
- highly capable and motivated to learn new concepts and technologies
- demonstrated experience with programming and scripting and/or data analytics (python, R, Matlab)
- fluent in English (spoken and written); Command of German or a West-Slavic language is advantageous
What we offer:
- opportunity for obtaining a PhD degree
- research on today’s problems for a better tomorrow
- a collegial and open-minded working atmosphere in a dynamic research institution
- strongly supported on-the-job training at the start
- an interdisciplinary working environment that encourages independence and self-reliance
- classification according to the collective agreement of the federal states up to EG 13 (TV-L) (65%) (including special annual payment)
- company ticket
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. It is generally possible to work in the position on a part-time basis. Please send your application preferably online (see button online application below).
For e-mail applications, create a PDF document (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc. Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates,
- stating the reference number 03-2023
- until 28 February 2023
to (see button e-mail application below).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
- Roland Baatz, Tel. +49 (0) 33432/82-7945 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications
can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.
- Leibniz-Zentrum für Agrarlandschaftsforschung (ZALF) e.V.
Eberswalder Straße 84
- Roland Baatz
- 033432 82-7945
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: