Zurück zur Übersicht Dieses Stellenangebot als PDF speichern Dieses Stellenangebot als E-Mail versenden
Managing Consultant - Scope 3 - Value Chain Sustainability Specialist
What You Will Do:
Our team – Resilience, ESG and Disaster Recovery - works with companies and government agencies to achieve sustainability, including deep decarbonization, climate resilience and positive social impact. We help clients navigate the complex world of climate change, climate regulation, shifting consumer preferences, and the energy transition to achieve sustainable and profitable products, processes, business models and services.
We apply leading frameworks such as Science-Based and Net-Zero Targets, ESG, and TCFD, and create innovative digital, programmatic, and financial solutions with our clients. Our team supports all Guidehouse’s segments, including financial services, energy providers, healthcare, life sciences and government.
As a member of our team, you will work with various international clients across different industries, often the chemical industry, on their sustainability journey.
This position is for someone with relevant levels of experience to work as an integrated member of our team focused on Scope 3 GHG accounting & value chain sustainability for global corporations. Clients will include companies from the food and beverage, apparel (fashion) and consumer goods sectors. These are typically companies with complex value chains, sourcing raw materials across the globe, often including agricultural commodities. In this position you will manage projects and bring clients specific subject matter expertise in product life cycle analysis (emphasis on climate change), agricultural commodities, nature-based solutions, and value chain dynamics including supplier engagement. You will help our clients drive GHG reduction and broader sustainability improvements throughout their value chains while continuously driving better insights into performance by obtaining and improving data insights.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards individuals based on impact, not tenure. We focus on markets facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation, and significant regulatory pressure. Our consultants develop and deploy world-class knowledge and problem solving that leads to breakthrough solutions.
- Manage and deliver corporate client projects focused on developing and implementing Scope 3 GHG and sustainability strategies. Typical project work includes; stakeholder engagement, developing GHG Scope 3 inventories, gathering and analyzing value chain data, designing of Scope 3 reduction strategies, writing reports, preparing presentations and workshops, and presenting your findings to clients.
- Contribute to complex projects and manage dedicated project teams.
- Work on diverse assignments which are connected to corporate
sustainability in different ways. Some examples:
- Gaining deeper insight in supplier maturity and performance of a global fashion company by collecting data from suppliers and improve visibility on carbon emissions and performance.
- Help a global chocolate manufacturer to engage with their key agricultural suppliers (e.g. palm oil and dairy) to support them on making specific improvements in their operations to reduce GHG emissions.
- Developing a carbon footprint for a specific product including for example a biofuel, agricultural commodity or steel product.
- Setting science-based Net Zero Scope 3 GHG reduction targets for a global restaurant brand and creating strategies and initiatives to reach net-zero emissions in 2040.
What You Will Need:
- Relevant Experience
- Demonstrable relevant experience in sustainability projects for corporates
- Demonstrated work on Scope 3 GHG accounting and product life cycle analysis (LCA) or product carbon footprints. Experience with working with LCA software (e.g. SimaPro) is a plus.
- Familiarity working with GHG and climate & target setting protocols (e.g., SBTi, CDP)
- Specific sector exposure, including an understanding of
Scope 3 emissions for:
- Food and beverage (F&B)
- Apparel / fashion
- Retail stores
- FMCG sector
- Understanding of nature-based solutions (e.g. reforestation, biochar), other carbon removal technologies and understanding of agricultural GHG impacts and cycles is preferred.
- Relevant Education and Training
- Master’s in environmental science, energy science, physics, mathematics business, or sustainable innovation
- Deep understanding of the GHG Protocol Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3).
- Skilled with PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong Quantitative and Analytical Skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A critical thinker with a strong eye for detail
- Able to show data collection and organisational skills
- Strong Qualitative and Team Skills
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills
- Proven ability to summarize complex material into key findings and implications for our clients
- A team player who demonstrates the willingness and ability to work effectively in diverse teams and collaborate with colleagues at all levels
- Must be able to work fluently in English (written and spoken).
- Fluency in other languages such as German, Dutch, French or Spanish is a bonus.
- Dutch is preferred for Utrecht office; German is preferred for Cologne office.
- Willingness to travel internationally where possible
- Able to work on multiple projects and show a good understanding of the project objectives and client expectations
What Would Be Nice To Have:
- Proven extracurricular activities and/or international experience aligned with the position
- Familiarity with and demonstrable passion for the following:
- Sustainability (e.g., greenhouse gas accounting standards, circular economy)
- Innovation (e.g., advancement of new ideas and technologies)
- Energy (e.g., hydrogen economy, advanced energy technologies, electricity power and gas industries)
Utrecht or London
- David Bonnen
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: