Zurück zur Übersicht Dieses Stellenangebot als PDF speichern Dieses Stellenangebot als E-Mail versenden
Research Associate (gn) - True Cost Accounting
TMG - Töpfer, Müller, Gaßner GmbH
TMG - Töpfer, Müller, Gaßner GmbH provides strategic advice and implements concrete solutions for sustainability to governments, private firms, and international organisations. It brings sound knowledge and practical experience in facilitating national, European, and international processes and is dedicated to the analysis and solution of new and complex challenges.
About the project
PLAN’EAT is a Horizon Europe project that seeks the development of innovative, effective tools and strategies to facilitate the transition towards healthy and sustainable dietary behaviour in Europe. In a consortium of 24 partners, TMG will lead the work on True Cost Accounting (TCA) to analyse the environmental, health and social impacts of European diets. The aim of TCA is to internalise environmental and social costs associated with the production of food. By means of a variety of studies, TMG will analyse the TCA data availability, develop a database of the average true costs of 100+ European food products, further develop indicators for socio-economic and social true cost assessments, as well as assess the true cost of three different European dietary patterns.
Apart from the quantitative research, TMG will also engage in qualitative research and implementation. Examples include co-organising and preparing food system policy summits, design easy-to-understand healthy and sustainable food-based dietary guidelines as well as developing a roadmap on how to establish a European Food Policy Council, bringing the concerns of local food system actors to the EU level.
- Oversee and implement the technical and strategic work of the PLAN’EAT project and independently manage agreed work packages to ensure their implementation
- Perform the research tasks of the PLAN’EAT project, e.g. desk research, life cycle assessment (LCA) data collection and analysis
- Independently develop into a LCA expert for food and agriculture and become the first point of contact for LCA at TMG
- Support with the development of a TCA database for the food and farming sector
- Write scientific and non-scientific publications and other forms of outreach
- Organise, conceptualise and carry out workshops, meetings and events
- Support the programme lead with the administration and coordination of partners of the project
- Provide technical and strategic guidance to the further development of TCA, including its method, calculation and reporting, the development of social and health TCA indicators as well as the development of flexible and efficient data collection and management structures
- Follow-up on political and market developments on product-related impact assessments and TCA, and align the TCA method accordingly
- Support in strategically positioning the project in the relevant national and international (policy) debates
- Proactively support the development of new project proposals and ideas, especially on the topic of TCA
- Master’s degree in agricultural economics, environmental science or a related field
- Relevant work experience in a field related to econometrics, quantitative sustainability and impact assessments, and/or information science
- Knowledge of and applied skills to perform life cycle assessments (LCA) as well as experience with the use of LCA software
- Knowledge of statistics and ability to work with datasets
- Basic knowledge of sustainable food systems incl. the environmental, social and health impacts of food production and consumption
- Experience and strong interest in scientific desk and applied research as well as in writing and science communication
- Excellent management and organisational skills
- Knowledge of R, SQL or similar statistical/data management and data visualization tools is an asset
- Familiar with standards and frameworks such as ISO14040/44, PEFCR, GHG Protocol, SBTi is an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, good knowledge of German is an asset.
- Meaningful interaction with national as well as international organisations in the field of sustainable development
- A dynamic, diverse and international working environment
- Flexible working hours and mobile working
- Salary in accordance with TVöD (Bund) E13, including annual bonus payment acc. to TVöD (Bund)
- 30 days of paid annual leave in accordance with TVöD
- Opportunities for professional development
- Regular social team events
The position is to be filled as soon as possible and initially limited to March 2025, with the prospect of contract extension pending further funding. Preferred duty station is Berlin.
Please submit your full application including a cover letter, CV and two references (contact persons) and/or reference letters and links to selected publications in one PDF document (max. 5 MB). Please upload your application online via the application button.
For details on the position, project coordinator Olivia Riemer (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be happy to answer your questions. For details on the application process, please contact Vanessa Venne (email@example.com).
TMG is an employer that promotes equal rights and equal opportunities and provides a respectful work environment free from discrimination and intimidation. We treat all applicants equally, regardless of ethnic and social origin, nationality, religion/belief, age, migration background, disability, sexual orientation and identity. Women, people with disabilities and people with a migration background are particularly encouraged to apply.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- TMG - Töpfer, Müller, Gaßner GmbH
- Vanessa Venne
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: