Zurück zur Übersicht Dieses Stellenangebot als PDF speichern Dieses Stellenangebot als E-Mail versenden
Geospatial Engineer (gn)
As a Geospatial Engineer, you are working on a product that is constantly evolving.
With your design and development skills you will find ways to
improve our geospatial data sets. Therefore you get excited by
the idea to have great influence on our unique product
We are combining underwater hyperspectral imaging and AI-based automated data processing to map the seafloor quicker, more efficiently and in greater detail. By ground-truthing aerial and satellite imagery, we help to unlock blue nature-based solutions around the globe and contribute to revealing the seafloor’s true economic and ecological value.
Over the past couple of years, our engineering team has steadily grown to 10+ people. Since we do both hardware and software, we have a wide range of specialities for a relatively small team ranging from mechanical design to electronics and software.
What you'll be doing
You will be part of the Data Science Team, and together with our Scientists and Engineers, your task is to design meaningful datasets from the data we are collecting. You are actively helping the blue carbon economy to better understand the sea floor. In addition, you will be responsible for providing technical support and training to users of the geospatial technologies. Hence, collaboration, communication, and coordination are a big part of success in your role.
- Understand the industry standard tools such as GIS on an expert level.
- Create maps, charts, and other visual representations of data usage by the public, government agencies, or other companies.
- Define datasets with internal and external data.
- Write technical reports documenting geospatial methods and results.
- Able to communicate with customers on an expert level for collecting geospatial requirements.
What we hope you bring
- At least ten years of actual work experience with at least a Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, geography or another closely related field.
- The ability to validate processed data against scope documentation to confirm the correctness of the dataset after the data has been processed.
- Knowledge in working with an agile team when supporting the PO in identifying additional datasets will pose a value to external customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points if you have
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Integrate geospatial data from multiple sources into a single coherent dataset
- Experience with GIS programming languages, including Python and SQL
What we offer
- A salary between € 45k and € 55k
- 28 days of annual leave
- A bright office next to a park with free organic coffee, drinks & fruits
- Free diving courses! 🤿
- Access to multiple fitness, yoga and other sports studios (Hansefit)
- Play a pivotal role in building our mission-driven company from the ground up
- Be part of an international & entrepreneurial group of people who emphasize diversity & collaboration
- Opportunity to learn & grow your skills and network through (personal) coaching and by attending workshops, conferences, international research projects.
- Good balance between work & private life with flexible working and home office hours
- 28359 Bremen, Remote möglich
- planblue GmbH
- Anna Menneking
- +49 421 220 81 20
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: