Climate Policy Analyst with focus on Germany (R-2305) (d/f/m)
Start date: As soon as possible. Full time – 40 hours per
Application deadline: 24 September 2023
NewClimate Institute supports climate action research and implementation around the world, focused on climate change mitigation. We are a dynamic and diverse team of researchers and policy advisors with extensive experience in supporting international climate negotiations and associated national and international decision-making processes. Through our policy-oriented research and capacity building we help national governments, international organisations, NGOs and other actors to develop and implement solutions to the global climate change challenge. NewClimate Institute’s key motivating values are to maximise impact, in a creative and fun working environment with a positive team spirit built on openness, trust, and inclusiveness.
NewClimate Institute is seeking an experienced policy analyst with focus on climate policy in Germany. The position covers, amongst other responsibilities:
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of national climate policies and governance with a focus on Germany and the EU
- Outreach and communication of NewClimate Institute’s work with relevant stakeholders
- Strategic development of the content area within the institute
- Leading and contributing to reports and other research outputs
- Project management
The position comes with an attractive package of salary and additional benefits such as, for example, support for a private pension scheme, 30 days paid holiday, and a working space in our centrally located Cologne office. The German benefits scheme includes health insurance and other elements of social security.
You should be highly motivated with a strong interest and expertise in the field of climate change policy, sustainable development and sector transformation. We are looking for somebody who is:
- Motivated to work for a progressive, evolving, non-profit organisation in a dynamic, impact-oriented atmosphere
- Interested to be part of a multi-disciplinary, international team
- Able to analyse complex problems, developing and using advanced methods, and to communicate findings to a range of different audiences
- Flexible and interested to travel in Germany and internationall
Key expertise we are interested in includes:
- Master level university degree or equivalent in a relevant field (e.g. environmental sciences, political sciences, economics, physics, engineering)
- Knowledge of energy systems and/ or other mitigation relevant sectors
- Knowledge of the German and European climate policy landscape
- Experience in analysing national climate policies, preferably in Germany or the EU
- Experience in managing medium size projects and project teams is a plus
- Excellent report writing, communication and presentation skills; ability to express ideas succinctly both verbally and in writing
- Full proficiency in English and German. Other languages are a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook etc.).
NewClimate Institute draws strength from its diverse team. We welcome applications regardless of a candidate’s ethnic and social origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, care responsibilities or age.
If you are interested, we look forward to receiving your CV along with a short cover letter and university transcripts, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the reference number “R-2305” in the email subject and make sure to send all relevant information and files in a single pdf-document with a maximum size of 10 MB.
- NewClimate Institute
- Lena Gentes
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: