Student assistant (f/m/d)
Leibniz-Zentrum für Agrarlandschaftsforschung (ZALF) e.V.
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
The Isotope Biogeochemistry and Gas Fluxes group is looking for a student assistant to support field and laboratory work in various projects investigating fluxes and pools within the phosphorus and nitrogen cycle. The projects aim to obtain a comprehensive picture of the processes related to the transformation and storage of nitrogen and phosphorus in agricultural soils. Additionally, we will develop strategies and instruments to minimize losses of these elements and, thus, improve their efficient use in plant production in the context of climate change.
We are offering a 6 month position (extension possible), starting earliest 1st April (40h per month) located at ZALF in Müncheberg.
Student assistant (f/m/d)
- assistance during laboratory experiments related to phosphorus and nitrogen cycling in soil and plant
- assistance during field experiments including measurements of GHG’s, basic environmental variables and soil, plant and root sampling
- organization and preparation of soil, plant and root samples for basic and stable isotope analyses
- student in agriculture, horticulture, biology, geo-ecology or related disciplines at a German university
- work independently with high reliability
- first experience in the laboratory and field is an advantage
- driver license is an advantage
What we offer:
- an interdisciplinary working environment that encourages independence and self-reliance
- a collegial and open-minded working atmosphere in a dynamic research institution
- practical work in the exciting research field of climate change mitigation and sustainable agriculture
- insight into scientific practice at a renowned, non-university research institute
- payment according to the usual hourly rates for student/scientific assistants of the state of Brandenburg
- flexible working hours
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. It is generally possible to work in the position on a part-time basis. Please send your application preferably online. For e-mail applications, create a PDF document (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc. Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, in particular Cover letter, CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 10-2024 until 25 February 2024 to (see button e-mail application below).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: Maire Holz, Tel. +49 (0) 33432/82-127, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Anaclara Visconti, Email: email@example.com or Julia Schoof, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications
can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.
- Leibniz-Zentrum für Agrarlandschaftsforschung (ZALF) e.V.
Eberswalder Straße 84
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: