Blue Action Fund
Position: Executive Director
Reports to: Supervisory Board
Location: Probably Frankfurt, Germany
Closing Date: 24 March 2017
Start Date: July 1, 2017
Contract: Full time, 2-3 year service contract (Renewable appointment to the Management Board)
About Blue Action Fund
Blue Action Fund (BAF) is a newly established conservation trust fund created by BMZ (The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development) and KfW. Dedicated to supporting marine protected areas and the most sensitive coastal waters of Africa, Latin America and Asia, BAF plans to work through a program of grants to NGOs with the overall goal to contribute to reducing the dramatic loss of marine biodiversity and stabilizing incomes in coastal fishing communities.
BAF is seeking an experienced Executive Director (ED) to drive the set-up phase of the organization, launch its conservation projects and ensure its smooth operation over at least the first two to three years.
You will head a start-up organization and will initially be the sole staff member of BAF as you refine the strategy that has been developed for it and launch its program and operations. You will be supported on the program side with technical and ocean conservation expertise (in the first months particularly for project evaluation) by an experienced international conservation organization. On the operational side, financial reporting and some administrative functions will be supported by a conservation trust fund shared services organization based in Frankfurt.
During the first year, in addition to launching the program and developing BAF’s internal procedures, you will assess the organization’s additional staffing needs with your Supervisory Board.
- Work with the Supervisory Board to develop/refine BAF’s overall strategy, propose to the Supervisory Board the allocation of BAF funds to NGO grantees
- Implement the planned grants program, develop relationships with potential NGO grantees
- Represent BAF to third parties, beneficiaries and stakeholders; participate in sector conferences and meetings
- Manage the day-to-day operations of BAF; formulate objectives, develop standards and procedures
- Report to and maintain relationships with existing donors; and over time, support the Supervisory Board in fundraising activities
- Participate in Supervisory Board meetings ensuring that the Board is provided with all information necessary to guide decision-making
Key Qualifications: Candidates must provide evidence of the following:
- An advanced degree in environmental studies or economics, or an MBA or other advanced degree law or international affairs
- At least 7 years of organization/project management experience, including budget management
- Significant experience in at least one of the following fields (with experience in both being an advantage):
- International financial cooperation/development aid.
- The environmental sector.
- Excellent written and oral language skills are required in English and highly desirable in German
For more information on BAF, the Role and the application procedure, please go to the following link: www.blueactionfund.org
Blue Action Fund
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: