Events and Partnerships Manager Europe
Location: Berlin, Germany
Application deadline: 11/03/2018
Earliest starting date: 01/03/2018
CDP Europe, the world’s leading climate change charity, is seeking a highly motivated individual to support CDP’s work in Events and Fundraising in Europe.
About CDP: CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with institutional investors with assets of US$100 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 6,300 companies with some 55% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2017. This is in addition to the over 500 cities and 100 states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP, formerly Carbon Disclosure Project, is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Please visit www.cdp.net or follow us @CDP to find out more.
The role includes:
- Leading corporate partnerships and larger events (i.e. Annual launch event(s)) in Europe;
- Contributing to overall strategic targets of CDP through such partnerships and events, in particular income targets and support of CDPs operations;
- Coordinating Europe-wide event activities and synergies;
- Organizing CDPs larger strategic events, such as European Award Ceremony or regional Award Ceremony with C-level speakers, Award ceremonies, entertainment, celebrities, and coordinating within the wider Europe team on these events;
- Supporting and advising the Europe regions in delivering other CDP events (i.e. spring workshops) including event-related sponsorships;
- Managing and growing service partnerships in Europe, serving the needs of existing service partners, and supporting the corporate engagement team in managing and winning larger strategic partnerships;
- Further shaping existing partner- and sponsorship offerings (content, value, price etc.);
- Developing new corporate partner- and sponsorship offerings and market and selling them across Europe.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum BA/BSc degree;
- 1-3 years work experience, ideally corporate or in an agency, additional NGO experience an advantage;
- Keen interest in corporate sustainability themes and related company challenges;
- Enjoy working with people and large corporations for a good purpose;
- Experience in event management, ideally at an international level;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, ability to interact convincingly with people at different levels of seniority and different cultural backgrounds;
- Experience in sales/account management or business development highly desirable, ideally a combination of both;
- Willingness to travel occasionally across continental Europe;
- Flexibility and creative problem-solving;
- Fluent in English and either German, Spanish or French as a must, Italian or Nordic languages also an advantage;
- Good IT program knowledge such as MS Excel, PowerPoint, CRM etc.
What we offer:
- Exciting and challenging tasks in an international team with flat hierarchies and quick decision making;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at Sony Centre/Potsdamer Platz with free hot and cold beverages.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in the EU. The role is located at our office in Berlin, Germany, and will work closely with and report to both the Associate Director Sales & Business Development and the Senior Project Officer Southern Europe & Synergies.
Interested? Interested candidates should send their application documents (motivation letter, CV, references/certificates and salary expectations) in English and as a single PDF file to email@example.com with “Events & Partnerships Manager – First name Last name” in the subject line.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: