Federal Volunteer Service or Internship in the Political Outreach department (m/f/d)
ProVeg puts vegan/vegetarian topics on the political agenda in Berlin, Brussels, and internationally. Together with our partners, we are working to make the decision to live a life without animal-based products an easier and more realistic option. We are looking for support for our Berlin office.
ProVeg fosters a culture in which challenges become opportunities to learn and thrive. Because changing the global food system is a huge undertaking, we are looking for new team members who are pragmatic and professional and who are willing to step out of their comfort zone when needed. Critical problem-solving skills, team spirit, and creativity are all vital to accomplishing our ambitious goals.
- Keeping an independent eye on political developments, scanning for relevant aspects, and preparing and communicating results. This includes review print publications and corresponding websites, as well as the evaluation of studies, participation in conferences, etc.
- Conduct research work according to instructions.
- Formulate own proposals for the continuation of projects and for new projects, which correspond to the overriding goals of ProVeg.
- Writing target-group-oriented texts (e.g. press releases, position papers, blog articles) in German and English.
- Provide support for communication with international and European partner organisations, other NGOs, the authorities, and politicians
- Independent preparation and implementation of smaller projects.
- Respond to inquiries on the phone and in written form
- Supervision of social media channels and websites relevant to the Politics Department.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- You are enrolled in at least the 3rd semester of Political Science, Administrative Science, Law, or a comparable subject area.
- You have already gained initial experience in office work through part-time jobs or internships.
- You have a demonstrable command of the German and English languages, both spoken and written.
- You are responsible and capable of working independently.
- You have a good knowledge of the German and European political system.
- You are interested in the formal side of politics (e.g. parliamentary procedures).
- You think long-term and can motivate yourself without short-term success.
- ou identify with the goals of ProVeg.
What we offer:
Benefits of being a BFD:
- The opportunity to develop your own skills, acquire new competencies, and gain valuable experience.
- Freedom to contribute your own ideas.
- Flexibility in the structuring of employment relationships.
- Enjoy a tasty and healthy daily vegan lunch in our Berlin office.
- Continuous support and individual encouragement.
- Become part of a great team and join us on working towards a world where everyone chooses tasty and healthy food that is good for all people, animals, and the planet.
Our application procedure:
- Receipt of a monthly allowance.
- An exclusive volunteer pass, including a discount on the BVG ticket and discounts on admission to museums, cinemas, etc.
- Extensive further training opportunities in the form of seminar participation (daily and weekly seminars), which can be selected according to personal interests.
- Guarantee of social security and accident insurance.
- Ongoing support and individual encouragement from your supervisor.
- The opportunity to develop one's skills, as well as gain new competencies and valuable experience.
- Become part of a great team and help to build a better world!
If you would like to apply, please submit your application documents (including cover letter, curriculum vitae and references) using the application form and ensure that you answer all of the questions.
Should you be shortlisted for the job, the following steps will apply:
An online-based sample task.
An initial interview with you.
An office trial day, which will consist of undertaking a set of tasks that would be typical of the work that you would do with us. Depending on the location, this day can either take place in our office or can be done from home. In this way, we want to get to know you and your way of working even better, as well as give you the opportunity to get a good idea of the work entailed.
Subsequently, the final decision will be made (if necessary an additional final discussion may be required).
DEI (diversity, equity, inclusion) Statement
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, women, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, elderly people, refugees and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Begin: as soon as possible (please indicate available period)
Period: A minimum of 6 months to a maximum of 18 months; voluntary internships 3 months; compulsory internships up to 6 months
Please refer to greenjobs in your application.
Genthiner Str. 48
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: