Policy Manager (f/m/x) CDSB Secretariat
CDP Europe - Services gGmbH
CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with institutional investors with assets of US$96 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 7,000 companies with over 50% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2018. This is in addition to the over 750 cities, states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP, formerly Carbon Disclosure Project, is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Visit http://www.cdp.net/ or follow us @CDP to find out more.
The CDSB Secretariat team is ambitious, dynamic and works to create the enabling conditions for companies to disclose high-quality climate and environmental information to their investors, contributing to financially resilient capital markets worldwide.
The position is Brussels-based, 1 year fixed-term contract, with possibility of extension. As a Policy Manager (f/m/x) CDSB, you will be responsible for driving CDSB’s engagement and support of Government departments, supervisors and regulators. Specifically, you will be the policy lead within an international project team working to create the enabling conditions for high-quality information reported to investors by companies on their climate change and environmental performance in Europe.
CDSB is an international award-winning initiative and this position in the global Secretariat provides the successful candidate with an exciting opportunity to gain experience and make your mark on the corporate reporting landscape, helping to ensure the crucial interface between financial and non-financial information related to climate and the environment.
The successful candidate will have experience in influencing European and EU Member State policy and an understanding of the sustainable finance and ESG reporting agendas in Europe.
CDP hosts the CDSB Secretariat, and the role will be based in CDP Europe’s offices in Brussels and will report to the Policy & External Affairs Director in Berlin.
Policy Manager responsibilities include
- Engagement with EU and EU Member State policymakers, Members of Parliament, supervisors and other Government representatives, industry associations and other NGOs engaged in the field of sustainable finance;
- Supporting the development of, and deliver CDSB’s policy strategy and work plan for Europe;
- Capacity building on the need for, and the way to strengthen existing requirements on climate change and environmental reporting;
- Setting up and managing a coalition of NGOs to promote better climate change and environmental reporting in Europe;
- Participation in working groups related to non-financial reporting;
- Providing CDSB’s expertise to governments on technical issues related to reporting;
- Following and engaging in legislative processes as they relate to CDSB’s mission;
- Writing and coordinating consultation responses;
- Developing position papers and briefing notes based on CDSB’s positions and technical research.
The successful candidate will have
- A degree in policy, law, governance, a related field or relevant professional experience;
- The ability to understand complex ideas and link them to government policies;
- The ability to work independently and meet deadlines under pressure;
- Meticulous attention to detail and rigour;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral;
- Strong written and oral knowledge of English
- At least 4 years’ experience engaging with policymakers on sustainability, finance or other related topics in Europe;
- A good understanding of EU processes;
- A good understanding of issues around sustainable finance; and
- An understanding of, and desire to work proactively to promote corporate sustainability.
The contract of employment will be with CDP Europe. Please note that some international travel may be required.
- Working knowledge of French or another European language other than English;
- Experience in the field of accounting and finance policy; and
- An understanding of ESG reporting and the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures.
What we offer
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Belgium. This full-time role will preferably be located at our office in Brussels, Belgium. The successful candidate will work closely with global CDSB Secretariat and report to the Policy & External Affairs Manager, based in Berlin, Germany.
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, innovative and highly motivated team;
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a good cause;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- Company pension;
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket;
- Modern office in the European quarter.
Deadline for applications: Rolling
Start date: As soon as possible
Interested candidates should submit their complete application documents (motivation letter addressed to Michael Zimonyi, CV, references/certificates and salary expectations) in English, as a single PDF file and via email to email@example.com with “Policy Engagement Manager – First name Last name” in the subject line.
Before you apply, we’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant's privacy notice. By emailing us your application, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes. Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.
CDP Europe - Services gGmbH
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: