This new role based in E3G’s Berlin office will provide communications support to implement E3G communication activities and operations, and research and contact management support to the Climate Diplomacy and Geopolitics team.
E3G is an independent think tank working to build a safe climate for all. E3G builds cross-sectoral coalitions to achieve carefully defined outcomes, chosen for their capacity to leverage change. We work closely with likeminded partners in government, politics, business, civil society, science, the media, public interest foundations and elsewhere. E3G operates around the world with offices in Berlin, Brussels, London and Washington. D.C.
E3G values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
This role is offered on a one-year fixed-term basis with the possibility of further extension, to start as soon as possible.
This role will be split between two teams – spending 50% of time supporting E3G’s Communications team and 50% supporting the Climate Diplomacy and Geopolitics team.
- Website & Social Media
- Update website
- Coordinate and create social media content across platforms, particularly Twitter and LinkedIn
- Support the production of digital materials and publications such as reports
- Format and proof-reading documents
- Image and graphics management including formatting and sourcing
- Media Relations
- Support creation and distribution of press releases in English and German
- Identify media opportunities
- Monitor E3G media activity
- Manage media lists
- Develop and build solid media relationships particularly with Berlin-based media
- Planning and Communications
- Support development and implementation of E3G’s communications strategy
Climate diplomacy responsibilities:
- Undertake desktop research in support of E3G climate diplomacy campaigns (e.g. researching EU countries’ G7 and G20 meeting positions or the EU’s climate policy relationship with Africa)
- Support maintenance of E3G’s EU climate diplomacy stakeholder database and assist in setting up meetings and webinars
- Support coordination of E3G’s EU climate diplomacy advice between E3G teams
- Build and maintain strong networks with German climate change NGOs to share and co-develop climate diplomacy strategies based on E3G research
- At least 2 years of proofessional communications experience
- Good degree in relevant discipline
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, able to work effectively as part of a team
- Good listener, able to establish rapport easily, creating trust with colleagues and partners while demonstrating strong cultural sensitivity
- Positive, outgoing and creative individual with experience supporting communications activities. Proficiency in social media engagement strongly desired.
- Excellent writing skills and fluency in English and German required. Additional European language would be a plus
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to conduct independent research
- Passion for tackling climate change or environmental issues, with a strong interest in international relations or development and European politics.
This position is based in Berlin, applicants must have the legal right to live and work in Germany.
Please email your application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write ‘Communications Officer and Climate Diplomacy Researcher’ as well as your first name and surname in the subject line.
- A CV of maximum two pages
- A cover letter of no more than one page outlining your motivation for the job and when you would be able to start
- Two short (max two pages) writing sample in English and German
The deadline for applications is 9am CET on Monday 17th August 2020, with interviews scheduled for the week of the 24th August 2020.
Owing to the fluid nature of COVID-19 lockdown requirements we will determine after the application deadline whether interviews will be held virtually or in person.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we will only be able to respond to candidates who are shortlisted for an interview.