Rare is looking for an exceptional individual to join our Global Development team based out of Europe. The Senior Manager, Fundraising, will work primarily on identifying and managing institutional funding and partnership opportunities across the thematic areas of climate change, fisheries and marine conservation, sustainable agriculture and food security as well as Green Recovery in support of Rare’s global programs. To deepen and diversify relationships and partnerships with governments, funding institutions, developing banks as well as foundations and other key stakeholders, the Senior Manager will need to have a strong network and experience with either
- European bilateral/ multilateral development partners, foundations and other partners; and/or
- a strong network with specific donors around priorities such as climate change, fisheries and marine conservation, sustainable agriculture and food security, as well as Green Recovery in support of Rare’s global programs.
We are looking for someone with strong communication, partnership building and donor management skills as well as project and proposal development experience. This role will connect effectively with program/country teams in order to collaborate on program development, grant management & stewardship. This is an excellent position for a highly skilled, entrepreneurial and experienced professional with the interest in supporting Rare to build its profile and to create mutually beneficial partnerships within and beyond Europe.
The Senior Manager will be well-versed in global environmental public policy, funding and partnerships with a focus on institutions and agencies as well as initiatives and mechanisms of relevance to Rare’s mission. S/he has experience in raising funds from public donors and foundations relevant to Rare’s mission with a focus on identifying public funding opportunities, developing strong project proposals and converting pipeline into financial commitments. S/he will work with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external, to engage governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, foundations and partners that will help build political and financial commitments for community-based, behavior-informed solutions of Rare’s programs. The individual will report to the Vice President Global Development/Executive Director Europe based in Berlin, Germany, and work with her to provide thought partnership on advancing Rare Europe’s institutional fundraising strategy in Europe.
Consistent with the scope above, the position is responsible for delivering the following within the following key areas:
Institutional Fundraising and Donor Stewardship
- Work closely with the Vice President Global Development/Executive Director Europe, program teams and the leadership team to develop and implement strategies to meet annual and long-term fundraising goals for Rare by leveraging existing projects and relationships as well as building new ones;
- Identify and cultivate suitable foundation and public donors to support Rare’s programs by conducting independent research and/ or building existing relationships and insights
- Develop donor specific engagement and fundraising strategies by creating and implementing donor account strategies for institutional donors with focused on, but not limited to European donors. Thematic priority areas include climate change, fisheries and marine conservation, sustainable agriculture and food security, and Green recovery in support of Rare’s global programs;
- Build a strong and strategic pipeline by co-developing and writing compelling project proposals and managing the corresponding processes and coordination tasks;
- Focus on converting the pipeline into actual programs to meet the fundraising goals,
- Develop and deliver events, reports and other donor/prospect communications tactics (both written and oral) to complement the engagement strategy contributing to existing projects and Rare’s Global Engagement Plan;
- Assist the program and country team with the preparation of progress and final reports, by compiling necessary information from program-, country- and finance staff, drafting written reports, and submitting all reports in a timely manner.
- Brief colleagues and senior staff members for meetings/ workshops with prospects and donors. If appropriate and applicable, lead those meetings and introduce Rare to new donors/ partners and ensure appropriate follow-up. Meetings will either take place virtually, or in person
- Participate in all activities (such as retreats, weekly meetings, strategy sessions) associated with the overall Development/Communications team within Rare.
Management of External Communication and Relationships
- Build Rare’s profile around locally-led, behavior-informed solutions by identifying, cultivating and managing key relations and partnerships, including the coordination and management of travel to Europe, for Rare’s leadership and program staff, with the purpose of engaging with key governments, agencies, institutions and partners in Europe but also globally as relevant;
- Manage relationships with key governments, agencies, institutions and other stakeholders in collaboration with the Global Development Team and based on Rare’s Global Engagement Plan and existing engagement strategies for key international policy meetings;
- Support the communication and country teams by developing compelling communication materials for existing and new donors and partners;
- Attend necessary donor meetings and grant workshops and interact with and respond to questions from government and donor representatives;
- Represent and backstop others representing Rare in relevant stakeholder meetings, discussions and events, including lead/support preparations for Rare’s engagement in relevant European conferences and events.
Aside from the tasks listed above, the individual will also be expected to stay apprised of Rare’s Global Development and public funding portfolio and may be called to provide additional ad hoc support for the global team as needed.
Please only apply in English language through the following link: https://careers-rare.icims.com/jobs/1431/senior-fundraising-manager%2c-global-development/job?mode=view