Established in 2000, CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Working with 500+ institutional investors with assets of US$106 trillion and 155+ supply chain members with a combined purchasing power of $4 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 7,000 companies with some 55% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2019. This is in addition to the over 620 cities and over 120 states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information and driver of change globally. Please visit www.cdp.net to find out more
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Application deadline: Rolling
- Earliest starting date: As soon as possible
Due to the continuous, strong growth of our organisation we are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join CDP Europe’s Finance & Administration team.
About the role
Are you interested in using and developing your skills for a good cause in an exciting, international, mission-driven environment? In this role you will be CDP Europe’s Grants Compliance Manager, looking for ways to apply your experience to ensure improving and developing all grant compliance related processes. If you want to truly have an impact and make your mark, this is an opportunity for you.
The role will cover the following areas
- Prepare, review and deliver budgets for institutional and philanthropic income, create all documentation on grant-related financial procedures required by donors and auditors. Support in planning of project proposals and execute all financial reporting;
- Interpretation and application of laws, rules, and regulations (financial and administrative) for reporting and audits related requirements, monitoring changes in grant requirements and providing support with grant amendments if needed;
- Ensure that internal policies are established, updated and being proceed in line with donors’ requirements and build capacity within the team, coordinate and create documentation on grant-related financial procedures required by donors and auditors
- Coordinate staff allocation and staff working time records;
- Provide technical assistance to partners in implementation and management of the grant cycles, budgeting, financial reporting and donor compliance;
- Ensure partner sub-grants are disbursed and accounted for in line with contractual requirements;
- Periodic review of internal controls and policies and advice on strengthening and transaction verification through monitoring reports & transaction analysis;
- Provide technical support to ensure effective income tracking including cash flow, pre-financing, timely and accurate payment requests and tracking outstanding amounts due from donors;
- Participate in workshops and community of practice on institutional and philanthropic income planning and contract management
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar required (Masters desired);
- 5+ years’ experience in compliance and project management including requirements for audit purposes;
- Proven track-record of setting up and managing donor compliance monitoring systems, developing and implementing relevant tools;
- Experience of managing grants/contracts from institutional and philanthropic donors
- Ability to supervise partner organisations and oversee compliance for project agreement & donors’ (especially European institutions) rules and regulations
- Interpreting large amounts of data, handle between the accounting system and the reporting for donors and ability to create comprehensive audit trails
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (in particular Excel) and experience with grant management, CRM systems and reading reports from accounting systems
- Strong financial skills encompassing proposal budgeting, income tracking, budget monitoring and financial reporting
- Multi-tasking, initiating, planning and performing multiple strands of work to a successful delivery against deadlines
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to evaluate problems and make decisions on a routine basis, a high level of assertiveness in combination with (diplomatic) strategy in meeting deadlines and goals
- Ability to understand legal material and recognise critical issues
- Flexibility, hands-on mentality, strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent English skills (verbal and written), other European languages are an advantage.
What we offer
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, innovative and highly motivated team
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a better future
- Competitive NGO salary and annual collective performance bonus (depending on company results)
- 30 days annual holidays
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte)
- Modern office at Sony Centre/Potsdamer Platz in Berlin with free hot and cold beverages
- Tailored training programs and development opportunities
- Flexible working time and Home Office option.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany.
Interested candidates should submit their application documents in English (motivation letter addressed to Anna Rychlewska, CV, references/certificates, salary expectations and earliest starting date), as a single PDF and via email to email@example.com with “Grants Compliance Manager – First name Last name” in the subject line.
Before you apply: We will only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice.. By emailing us your application, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the anticipated volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.