CDP is a global non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with institutional investors with assets of US$106 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 9.640 companies with over 50% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2020.
This is in addition to the over 920 cities, states and regions who disclosed in 2019, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Application deadline: Rolling
- Earliest starting date: As soon as possible
Are you interested in using and developing your skills for a good cause in an exciting, international, mission-driven environment?
Due to the continuous, strong growth of our organisation we are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join CDP Europe. To succeed in this role you must be detailed-orientated but also able to see the big picture, relish responsibility, be able to cope with challenges and communicate well.
About the role
As Grants Compliance and Development Manager, you will provide end to end support for both securing and managing government and grant income. You will play a key role in preparing strategic funding bids, developing strong funder relationships and supporting the management and reporting on projects, including working with the finance team to ensure financial requirements are met.
Working closely with CDP colleagues from a range of teams, your experience of grant management and compliance will shine as you assist in understanding, communicating and meeting funder requirements.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Lead grant and contract administration for European government grants;
- Work with CDP’s finance and legal teams to manage grant and contractual financial processes and minimise the risk of ineligible costs;
- Ensure timely communication with donors to resolve problems and address grant management information requests;
- Support programme teams to develop high quality narrative and financial reports that are aligned with grant agreement requirements, facilitating financial information between project stakeholders and revising project related documentation as needed;
- Coordinate with the Grants Compliance Manager - Finance to deliver the financial aspects of grants compliance, including budgeting, financial reporting, timesheet monitoring, coordinating resourcing across grants, with specific attention to co-funding requirements and implications for staffing.
- Support grant management, when required, by helping in the early implementation phase of projects.
- Progress government and European foundation funding opportunities, working to the Senior Development Manager and the Global Development Team to prepare proposals as needed and maximise potential from European donors;
- Research, develop and write high quality funding proposals including narrative, budgets and log-frames, engaging internal stakeholders, and submit them to donors;
- Develop an excellent knowledge of CDP’s work, liaise with colleagues to prepare and present high-quality information such as tailored presentations and proposals for the donor;
- Develop, coordinate and participate in development activities, such as workshops, planning sessions, events, meetings and other tasks as required;
- Support the ongoing establishment of the Development function within CDP Europe, including developing and embedding processes to improve ways of working;
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Min. 3 years’ experience in grants management and compliance in a relevant field;
- Experience of setting up and managing donor compliance monitoring systems, developing and implementing relevant tools;
- Ability to supervise partner organisations and oversee compliance for project agreement & donors’ (especially European institutions) rules and regulations;
- Ability to provide clear guidance on donor policies and procedures to other staff;
- Demonstrable skill in adapting written and verbal communications for an institutional funding audience;
- Multi-tasking, initiating, planning and performing multiple strands of work to a successful delivery against deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to apply persistent diplomacy;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (in particular Excel);
- Excellent English skills (verbal and written), other European languages are an advantage.
- Excellent financial skills in relation to budgeting and financial reporting;
- Experience with development or other fundraising capabilities;
- Experience of working in a multi-national global team and distance support alongside working with people for a good purpose is a strong advantage.
What we offer
- An initial 12-month contract based at CDP’s Berlin office with a possibility to extend subject to resources;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on organisation’s results);
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a good cause;
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- Flexible working locations (office or home);
- Company pension with Allianz;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at WeWork (Sony Center) with free networking events, and hot and cold beverages.
The successful candidate will work five days per week in our Berlin office and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany, will report to the Senior Development Manager and will work closely with colleagues across CDP and external stakeholders.
Interested candidates should submit their complete application documents (motivation letter, CV and references/certificates if available) in English, as a single PDF file and via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grants Compliance and Development Manager” – First name Last name” in the subject line. In your motivation letter please include your earliest starting date and salary expectations.
Before you apply
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 21 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.