- Location:Kampong Thom
- Assignment period:08/01/2021 - 04/30/2023
- Field:Forestry, Biodiversity, Oceans
- Type of employment:Full-time
- Application deadline:04/29/2021
The Sustainable Aquaculture and Community Fish Refuge Management (SAFR) project’s primary focus is to promote and develop household-based pond aquaculture in order to relieve pressure on natural fish stocks, maintain national food security and to create additional sources income for those working in fish value chains. A secondary focus is to improve management effectiveness and productivity of Community Fish Refuges (CFRs). CFR’s are part of community-managed rice-field fisheries systems and have the potential to significantly increase fish production for local communities. The project also aims to provide targeted policy support to Cambodia’s aquaculture/fisheries sector.
- Providing technical and organizational support to the community-based organization and government partner at the provincial level
- Supporting the government partner to improve communication and dialog with relevant stakeholders in the fisheries/aquaculture sector in Kampong Thom
- Assist the government partner and the SAFR project with field-based activities, and provide technical assistance to improve aquaculture production, CFR management and strengthening value chains
- Support government partner with monitoring and evaluation of all field-based activities
- Strengthen the capacity of the government partner to develop high-quality technical documents and publications on aquaculture and community-based fisheries management
- Assisting the community-based organization host to improve fund-raising
- Supporting the administrative activities of government partner organizations
- Provide logistical support to host organizations in carrying out training activities, workshops, conferences, etc.
- University degree or comparable qualification from a certified institution in aquaculture/fisheries, agriculture, environment or related fields
- Many years of professional experience in a comparable position
- Experience working with international funded projects with focus on aquaculture/fisheries, agriculture, environment, etc.; Experience with the private sector is an advantage
- Strong professional background working with local civil society organizations and local governments in a rural setting, preferably in an Asian context
- Good working knowledge of IT and communication technologies and relevant computer applications
- High work ethic, reliable and motivated, proactive and able to handle multiple simultaneous assignments with competing priorities
- Strong skillset with report and proposal writing
- Fluency in English
Under the following link you will find information about living and working in Cambodia.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact: email@example.com
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).