CDP is a global non-profit that runs the world’s environmental disclosure system for companies, cities, states and regions. Founded in 2000 and working with more than 590 investors with over $110 trillion in assets, CDP pioneered using capital markets and corporate procurement to motivate companies to disclose their environmental impacts, and to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests.
Over 10,000 organizations around the world disclosed data through CDP in 2020, including more than 9,600 companies worth over 50% of global market capitalization, and over 940 cities, states and regions, representing a combined population of over 2.6 billion.
Fully TCFD aligned, CDP holds the largest environmental database in the world, and CDP scores are widely used to drive investment and procurement decisions towards a zero carbon, sustainable and resilient economy. Visit cdp.net or follow us @CDP to find out more.
Executive Administrative & Legal Assistant
Location: Berlin, Germany
Application deadline: Rolling
Earliest starting date: As soon as possible
We are seeking a highly motivated and seasoned individual for the role of Executive Administrative & Legal Assistant to support our Managing Directors, the Finance and Administration Department and lead on general housekeeping for our CDP Europe’s entities.
The role includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Personal Assistant to the Managing Directors in general administration, travel claims, timesheets, annual leave sheets, and expenses support, and daily tasks including the processing of event and speaking slot requests, producing internal and external correspondence, formatting and collecting information for presentations and meetings, including by coordinating with topic-experts within the organization;
- Main point contact for any official documents for the internal signature process;
- Administration for CDP Europe’s Board of Directors, coordinating board meetings, preparing board documents, minutes of meetings and filing;
- Support for the European Management Team members in administrative activities, such as preparing travel claims, personal timesheets and expenses form, filing and proceeding further documents;
- Serve as a proactive interface between the Managing Directors/European Management Team and the larger team;
- Coordination and management of internal projects, often in cooperation with team members from various departments; such as Strategy Meetings, Offsite, Team Events, etc.;
- Special projects and research for the MD and European Management Team.
General housekeeping and legal research for CDP Europe entities:
- Maintaining and filing of official and association documents for CDP Europe’s legal entities;
- Leading on ongoing design of new processes and improvements of existing ones within the areas of legal and administration activities – ex. signature process;
- Legal research related to administration and policies for CDP Europe's legal entities;
- Overseeing monitoring insurance policies and other organizational policies.
- Create and oversee business processes – how teams work and what they need to be functional;
- Sharepoint ownership and design process;
- Leading on team events and offsite organisation.
The successful candidate will have:
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent work experience of 7+ years in similar roles;
- Fluent English, German and French communication skills (verbal and written), other European languages a plus;
- Independent and self-motivated with the ability to predict the needs of senior leaders;
- Paralegal or legal assistant background a plus;
- Flexibility, resilience and highly proactive attitude;
- Administration and operational excellence with an attention to detail;
- A clear understanding of CDP’s values, objectives and processes and a desire to drive forward CDP’s mission;
- A ‘hands-on’ attitude, teamwork spirit, ability to take initiative, multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure;
- Ability to provide clear guidance on organizational procedures to other staff;
- Demonstrable skill in written and verbal communications with the diverse audience of internal and external key contacts and relationships of CDP Europe’s leadership;
- Strong analytical mindset with high affinity to numbers;
- Attention to detail with good research, writing and drafting skills;
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills and ability to work with teams in a multi-national setting;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
What we offer:
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, innovative and highly motivated team;
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a good cause;
- Competitive NGO salary
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- Company pension with Allianz;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at Sony Centre/Potsdamer Platz with free hot and cold beverages.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany, and will work closely with the Finance and Administration team and report to the Managing Director, CDP Europe.
Interested candidates should submit their application documents (motivation letter addressed to Maxfield Weiss, CV, references/certificates, salary expectations and earliest starting date) in English, as a single PDF and via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ Executive Administrative & Legal Assistant – First name Last name” in the subject line.
Before you apply, we’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant's privacy notice. By emailing us your application, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.