Founded in 2018 by 3 friends, La Fourche wants to make responsible consumption accessible to all. La Fourche is an online organic supermarket which offers a selection of the most engaged brands and products at unbeatable prices thanks to its membership model.
At La Fourche, we believe that our everyday purchases can make the future more sustainable! In less than 3 years, La Fourche is proud to have brought together more than 40,000 members, curated more than 200 brands and developed more than 50 co-created products with our amazing community!
With a team convinced that the Joyful Revolution is in its hands, La Fourche has grown from 3 to more than 120 enthusiastic people working to make our ambition a reality. Our teams operate in exciting and diverse functions - Offering, Acquisition, Customer Service, Communication, Product, Operations, Tech - with the common objective to make responsible consumption accessible to as many people as possible.
Growing player of the online organic market in France, La Fourche wants to accelerate its international development starting with Germany. We are looking for a Country Manager to ensure that our first country launch reaches its ambitious expansion objective.
Directly reporting to La Fourche cofounders, you are in charge of German market development all along the customer journey. Aware of market demands about food transition and deeply engaged in your mission to make responsible consumption accessible to all, you act as an entrepreneur to answer German customers’ expectations.
Your missions are
- Build country strategic plan with an ambitious and sustainable business growth objective
- Recruit your country team members to support country launching and development, especially for the most strategic functions like Growth, Communication, Offering or Operations.
- Identify strategic partners to work with (offer, operations/warehouse, marketing) and engage them to provide customers with the best possible experience
- Set up and scale Offering and Operations processes
- Adapt and develop the communication strategy for German consumers, including specific naming and branding
- Run market and user research to continuously improve your knowledge of the market and orientate judiciously the country’s strategy
- Own your budget and P&L to ensure efficiency, profitability and scalability
- Capitalize on French team knowledge and resources to speed up your country expansion
- Ensure compliance with local regulations
- Be La Fourche face & voice to establish our brand in the market and become a reference when it comes to food transition and responsible consumption
- Excellent business sense and analytics
- Perfect structuration, project management and communication skills
- Solid leadership & management skills to recruit and engage the best talents and make sure they are growing as fast as your business
- Entrepreneur mindset, get things done attitude
- Curiosity for a wide range of topics from supply chain to marketing
- Emphatic nature enabling hearing & understanding your customers, stakeholders and team members
- Ability to evolve in a fast-paced environment, dealing with ambiguity
- 7+ years experience, including at least 5 in Germany
- 5+ years of relevant retail / e-commerce / consulting / startup experience
- German native speaker, Fluent in English, French is a plus but not mandatory ;)
- Location TBD depending on profiles
As Country Manager, you will be La Fourche face & voice on your market. You will be on the front line to defend our convictions about sustainable consumption.
It requires you to
- Be deeply convinced that food transition and responsible consumption are mandatory enablers for a sustainable future,
- Be personally engaged and in need of aligning your own values with the ones of our company,
- Roll-up your sleeves for a project with high potential and positive impact,
- Be humble and resourceful in front of challenges and complex issues,
- Be caring and collaborative to constantly progress and find the best solutions,
What we offer at La Fourche
- A scale-up environment where you can have a direct impact
- Large autonomy with a wide field of action
- Being at the forefront of one of the most strategic projects for La Fourche implying prioritized ressources allocation to help you succeed,
- A positive, benevolent & dynamic work environment, yet focus on delivery and excellence
- Some travel to Paris, starting with your onboarding,
- A lot of delicious products to test ;)