Experienced Climate Policy Analyst (R-2210) (d/f/m)
Start date: As soon as possible. Full time – 40 hours per week (part time possible)
Location: Cologne (preferred) or Berlin
Application deadline: Position will be closed when suitable candidate is found.
NewClimate Institute supports climate action research and implementation around the world, focused on climate change mitigation. We are a dynamic and diverse team of researchers and policy advisors with extensive experience in supporting international climate negotiations and associated national and international decision-making processes. Through our policy-oriented research and capacity building we help national governments, international organisations, NGOs and other actors to develop and implement solutions to the global climate change challenge. NewClimate Institute’s key motivating values are to maximise impact, in a creative and fun working environment with a positive team spirit built on openness, trust, and inclusiveness.
NewClimate Institute seeks an experienced policy analyst to strengthen the team in the area of climate & development, international climate finance and diplomacy. Your work here would focus on advancing climate policy development and implementation - in particular in developing countries - in the context of implementing the Paris goals. The position includes, amongst other responsibilities, project management, organisation and delivery of capacity building activities and project missions, qualitative and quantitative analysis of climate policies and governance, leading and contributing to climate policy research reports, amongst other responsibilities.
NewClimate will support securing a visa and work permit, where relevant. The position comes with an attractive package of salary and additional benefits such as, for example, support for a private pension scheme, 30 days paid holidays, and a working space in our centrally-located, modern offices. The German benefits scheme includes health insurance and other elements of social security.
You should be highly motivated with a strong interest and expertise in the field of climate change policy, sustainable development and sector transformation.
We are looking for somebody who is:
- Motivated to work for a progressive, evolving, non-profit organisation in a dynamic, impact-oriented atmosphere
- Interested to be part of a multi-disciplinary, international team
- Able to analyse complex problems, developing and using advanced methods, and to communicate findings to a range of different audiences
- Flexible and interested to travel in Germany and internationally
Key expertise we are interested in include:
- 5 (+) years of professional experience related to the intersection of climate and development (mitigation focus)
- Master level university degree or equivalent in a relevant field (e.g. environmental sciences, political sciences, economics, physics, engineering)
- Experience in managing medium size projects and project teams
- Experience in working independently at the international level with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Understanding of the climate policy landscape, both at the country as well as the international policy level
- Knowledge of energy systems and/ or other mitigation relevant sectors
- Excellent report writing, communication and presentation skills; ability to express ideas succinctly both verbally and in writing
- Full proficiency in English; German or other languages a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook etc.).
If you are interested, we look forward to receiving your CV along with a short cover letter and university transcripts, to email@example.com. Please include the reference number “R-2210” in the email subject and make sure to send all relevant information and files in a single pdf-document with a maximum size of 10 MB.
- Cologne or Berlin
- NewClimate Institute
- Lena Gentes
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: