Consultant for waste management (m/f/d)
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. GFA strives to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission, World Bank, EIB, AFD, SECO and many others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
In our Water, Sanitation and Waste Management Department, we focus on the provision of consultancies that cover a wide range of services in the areas of sector policies, sector reform, circular economy, value chain development in recycling and CE, capacity development, utility management and tariff formation, amongst others.
As support for our water, sanitation and waste management department in Hamburg, Germany, we are looking for an experienced, open-minded and versatile waste management Consultant (m/f/d) who will contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
- Leading the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Fully responsible management of projects and studies (backstopping), on-site and Hamburg-based;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions, including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies;
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications;
- Representation of GFA in conferences and seminars;
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals
Qualifications and requirements
- University degree (Master) in a relevant area (e.g. environmental engineering, waste management, or other related field);
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the solid waste management sector; especially in: Integrated solid waste management; Waste prevention, waste minimisation, waste collection and transport, waste recovery;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English; knowledge of other foreign languages would be an asset;
- Familiarity with the German (GIZ, KfW) and European development sector (such as e.g. EuropeAid, EIB, EBRD) and a well-founded understanding of the strategies and programs of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications;
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism.
We work at the heart of International Cooperation and find solutions to global challenges through our projects. Integrated into a team of employees from all over the world and different backgrounds, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life. Even though Hamburg is a vibrant city, GFA offices are surrounded by nature. To get here fast and easy we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organise social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV and references/certificates, salary expectations and earliest possible starting date) quoting the job code "WS-UEB21GFA0224-GJ" by September 25th, 2021 via e-mail to: Marisa Ludwig, Recruitment Department, firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 (0) 40 60 30 6-143
- GFA Consulting Group GmbH
- Marisa Ludwig
- +49 (0) 40 60 30 6-143
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: