FAIRagro: Data Steward Coordinator (f/m/d)
Leibniz-Zentrum für Agrarlandschaftsforschung (ZALF) e. V.
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society.
ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
FAIRagro is a consortium in the National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI) in Germany. Aims and tasks of FAIRagro comprise the development of a networked research data management for agrosystems research and the establishment of an interoperable, scalable, quality-assured and user-friendly research data infrastructure under consideration of the FAIR principles. FAIRagro will make research data findable (F), accessible (A), interoperable (I), and reusable (R) by other researchers.
The Data Steward Service Center (DSSC) is the central institution within FAIRagro for coordinating data management and anchoring it in the scientific community. The DSSC organizes the continuous exchange of knowledge and experience in the field of research data management (RDM) with other institutions, e.g. through training, channels user requests from the community to the Data Stewards as designated experts in the field of agricultural RDM.
We are offering a full-time position starting at 1st March 2023 for five years - subject to a positive funding approval - at our location in Müncheberg as
FAIRagro: Data Steward Coordinator (f/m/d)
- you will coordinate and manage the network of Data Stewards within DSSC and beyond FAIRagro
- you will continue to expand it
- you handle RDM requests from the FAIRagro community and route them in a targeted manner to the network of experts, each with different core competencies
- you support the publication of domain-specific research data along the FAIR principles
- you assess the needs of the users regarding the RDM
- you develop customized training offers and carry them out
- in addition, you will work closely with the coordination of the FAIRagro project
- university degree, preferably doctorate, in a scientific field clearly related to ZALF research
- demonstrated ability to apply basic project management concepts, practices, and procedures
- excellent knowledge of research data management including geospatial data with knowledge of metadata and data publishing standards
- high level of initiative, excellent communication and teamwork skills in an interdisciplinary environment
- very good knowledge of written and spoken German (cf. C1 CEFR level) and English
What we offer:
- an interdisciplinary working environment that encourages independence and self-reliance
- classification according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L) up to EG 14 (including special annual payment, mobile work, family-friendly personnel management, further training, supplementary pension scheme for the public sector (VB-L))
- a collegial and open-minded working atmosphere in a dynamic research institution
- support for work-life balance certified by berufundfamilie audit
- support for professional and interdisciplinary further education and qualification
- climate-conscious organization (purchasing, vehicle fleet, energy management) certified according to EMAS
- natural, meaningful work on the outskirts of Berlin
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. It is generally possible to work in the position on a part-time basis. Please send your application preferably online (see button online application below).
For e-mail applications, create a PDF document (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc. Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates,
- stating the reference number 130-2022
- until 12 December 2022
to (see button e-mail application below).
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: Dr. Nikolai Svoboda, Tel. +49 (0) 33432/82-382.
Application documents sent by post or extensive publications will not be returned
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.
- Leibniz-Zentrum für Agrarlandschaftsforschung (ZALF) e. V.
Eberswalder Straße 84
- Dr. Nikolai Svoboda
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: