Environmental Modelling Expert – m/f
RIFCON GmbH is an independent scientific consulting company offering a competent and adaptable service portfolio for the registration of agrochemicals. Our services range from complete EU registration packages to sophisticated GLP field studies and various combinations of these two elements.
We pride ourselves in offering high quality services, in full compliance with new developments in legislation, science, product registration and field methods. We continuously strive to develop higher tier field options for registration procedures. Our scientists and technicians are dedicated to achieving the highest level of quality and efficiency with a view to guarantee professional and cost-effective solutions.
We are currently looking for a full-time
environmental fate modeler for our Regulatory Affairs Department
located in Hirschberg / Germany.
Your Tasks and responsibilities
The candidate will be involved in various aspects of the registration of agricultural chemicals and plant protection products including:
- Use of regulatory models to simulate predicted environmental concentrations of plant protection products in the environment (soil, water, air).
- Preparation of reports and dossiers in English and according to current EU regulations and national requirements
- Development of higher tier approaches and exposure models for risk assessment and statistical analysis
- Scientific background (either geoecology, biology, earth science, environmental science or similar discipline)
- Experience in model development and statistics (exposure and/or ecological models)
- Knowledge of environmental fate modelling preferred (e.g. FOCUS models)
- Knowledge of regulatory processes for product registrations in the EU would be advantageous
- Very good level of written and spoken English, additional languages would be an asset
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team
- Attractive working environment including indefinite contract and multifaceted tasks
- To work as part of knowledgeable and dedicated international team of scientists and staff
- The possibility of professional development and occupational education
- An option to widen your personal network in the areas of industry, science and regulatory authorities
If you meet our requirements, please apply in English or German and send us your application to
with the Ref. No.: 01 - 02.2017
before 7th March 2017 (Cover Letter, CV and Letter of Reference in one Pdf-Document).
+49 6201 84528 00
Ref. No:. 01 - 02.2017
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: