Digital Services Developer
Soil & More Impacts
Soil & More Impacts BV (SMI) is a hands-on advisory firm that develops and implements sustainable strategies for Food, Farming & Finance clients globally. Our ambition is to transform food production into a more regenerative system. We are convinced that the future of strategical agriculture consulting lies in the combination of on-site acting and the ability to process and analyse large amounts of data. We work from two offices: one in Amsterdam (The Netherlands) and one in Hamburg (Germany) but travel around the world. For more information see: www.soilandmore.com
You will work in a small and dynamic team and support the lead in the development of the pillar Business Intelligence & Apps (BI&A). Activities in this pillar have already been successfully piloted in recent years and will be scaled-up in future. BI&A is expected to contribute considerably to SMI’s overall impact. Primarily, you will help clients that want to implement our digital services or need assistance for already existing solutions. Secondarily, you will be responsible for maintaining and updating SMI’s IT infrastructure and for enabling the SMI consultants to operate with new data solutions. Part of your job will also be to contribute to the strategic development of our BI&A tools. Besides your “techy” knowledge it is a great plus if you have an understanding of the complexity of (global) food production systems.
Key activities include:
- Creating digital solutions based on data collection forms and webservices, processing information in a database and designing visually attractive data dashboards
- Constructively interacting with clients as customer support, our SMI consultants and with our external IT specialists
- Co-developing ideas to make agricultural processes more sustainable via digital business services
This role is a unique opportunity to further build your expertise in digital strategies and test it directly with clients. Your own ideas to shape and improve the processes are very welcome.
The location of your activities will be in Hamburg. Client interaction will be with clients all around the globe. You will be working independently, and directly reporting to the lead of BI&A.
- Motivated professional with very strong technical and systemic understanding, educated in Informatica, Computer science or other related fields
- At least 3 years of practical experience in similar positions
- “Quick thinker” in picking up how to use digital tools and implement digital processes
- Proficiency in ETL processes with database queries/XML/XAML, database structures, Swagger (documentation of web services) is beneficial
- Profound proficiency in excel (i.a. Power Query/Pivot) and building reports (with e.g. Power BI)
- Strongly service orientated, patient and constructive in client interaction
- Affinity with handling social media and website contents
- Both analytical & pragmatic solution-oriented thinking
- Team player with good ability to work independently
- Able to work under stress
- Fluent in English. Understanding of German or other language skills are a plus
- Prepared to travel occasionally
- Feeling connected to our ambition and core values
- Great possibility to help transforming the Food & Agri sector with IT solutions
- Making direct impact with your own ideas and creativity in client trajectories
- Opportunity to be part of a young, innovative company
- Room for personal development, creativity and initiative
- International work environment
- Compensation package in line with our company values
If you are interested in this position, please send your letter of motivation and CV to Anne Bandel.
Soil & More Impacts
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: