European Grants Compliance Manager (w/m)
CDP Worldwide (Europe) gGmbH
CDP is an international charity that drives companies and governments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Working with financial markets and institutional investors with assets of US$ 87 trillion and 100+ Supply chain member companies with US$ 3,000 billion procurement spent, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 6,300 companies with some 55% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2018. This is in addition to the over 500 cities and 100 states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information and driver of change globally. Please visit www.cdp.net to find out more.
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Application deadline: 12 January 2019
- Earliest starting date: As soon as possible
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join CDP Europe’s Finance & Administration team. This position is an exciting opportunity for a professional to take over the handling and delivery of the financial and administrative requirements from institutional and philanthropic grants in accordance with the grant requirements.
The role will cover the following areas
- Prepare, review and deliver budgets for institutional and philanthropic income, create all documentation on grant-related financial procedures required by donors and auditors;
- Interpretation and application of laws, rules, and regulations (financial and administrative) for reporting and audits related; monitoring changes in grant requirements;
- Ensure that internal policies are established and updated in line with donors’ requirements;
- Coordinate staff allocation and staff working time records;
- Provide technical assistance to partners in implementation and management of the grant cycles, budgeting, financial reporting and donor compliance;
- Periodic review of internal controls and policies and advice on strengthening and transaction verification through monitoring reports & transaction analysis;
- Provide technical support to ensure effective income tracking including cash flow, pre-financing, timely and accurate payment requests and tracking outstanding amounts due from donors;
- Participate in workshops and community of practice on institutional and philanthropic income planning and contract management;
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar required; Masters desired;
- 2-5 years’ experience in compliance and project management including requirements for audit purposes;
- Experience of setting up and managing donor compliance monitoring systems, developing and implementing relevant tools;
- Experience of managing grants/contracts from institutional and philanthropic donors;
- Ability to supervise partner organisations and oversee compliance for project agreement & donors’ (especially European institutions) rules and regulations;
- Interpreting large amounts of data, handle between the accounting system and the reporting for donors and ability to create comprehensive audit trails;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (in particular Excel) and experience with grant management, CRM systems and reading reports from accounting systems (e.g. Datev);
- Strong financial skills encompassing proposal budgeting, income tracking, budget monitoring and financial reporting;
- Multi-tasking, initiating, planning and performing multiple strands of work to a successful delivery against deadlines;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to evaluate problems and make decisions on a routine basis;
- Ability to understand legal material and recognise critical issues;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent English skills (verbal and written), other European languages are an advantage.
What we offer
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, innovative and highly motivated team;
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a better future;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual collective performance bonus (depending on company results);
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at Sony Centre/Potsdamer Platz in Berlin with free hot and cold beverages;
- Tailored training programs and development opportunities;
- Flexible working time and Home Office option.
- The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany.
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their application documents in English (motivation letter addressed to Anna Rychlewska, CV, references/certificates, salary expectations and earliest starting date), as a single PDF and via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “EGC Manager Europe – First name Last name” in the subject line.
CDP Worldwide (Europe) gGmbH
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: