Senior Associate, Germany Programme
European Climate Foundation
About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 280 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
Context of the role
The ECF Germany Programme works with a wide range of partners in civil society, think tanks, politics, business and movements to support positive action on climate and energy in Germany. We aim to cluster our work not based on political spectrums but on ways to archive more climate ambitions. We are open for new approaches to foster climate protection. We work to build political will for more ambitious action on climate change; to strengthen and broaden the climate action coalition with different means and by different partners; to develop solutions to the policy and practical challenges to decarbonisation of the entire economy.
This job offers an excellent opportunity to engage with and support a major ECF programme at an important stage in the development of the climate and energy debate in the Germany and Europe.
The post holder will play a key role in providing strategic advice, dealing with grant management, and monitoring and evaluating the progress of different work streams. There will be direct engagement with other ECF programmes, partners and funders in designing and aligning strategies.
The Senior Associate will be responsible for:
- Strategy development: supporting setting up the strategy for the Germany program, priorities and budgets; co-developing and implementing strategies with our network of grantees and partners; monitoring and evaluating progress and impact of initiatives and grants; and acting as a liaison to report regular progress to donors.
- Grant-making: developing the scope of work for different ECF projects; soliciting and validating proposals from potential partners in Germany; drafting recommendations for the consideration of the ECF board and our donors.
- Research activities & prospecting: supporting the director in scoping the landscape around local and national climate politics and advocacy, as well as identifying potential new projects & grantees.
- Internal coordination and communication: liaising with ECF’s other programmes active in Germany, as well as other ECF country programmes and the organisation’s operations and communications teams to ensure proper and timely dissemination of information, and consistency and complementarity of different projects and work streams.
- Networking: building partnerships with key individuals across the policymaking, business and civil society communities or movements in Germany and Europe; convening meetings.
Experience and competencies
We are looking for a candidate who has 5-8 years of experience of delivering impact in influencing an area of policy, with a preference for those who have successfully made a strong positive impact on climate change policy.
The following attributes are sought by applicants:
- Very strong verbal, written and presentational skills in German and English;
- 5-8 years’ experience in either a public authority, a civil society organization, or a company working in the climate and energy field;
- Excellent knowledge of the Germanys policy-making processes and deep understanding of climate change & energy policies as well as the political challenges to making progress with deeper emission reductions;
- Structured, driven and able to manage many processes simultaneously;
- Proven track record of working in an environment that demands professionalism, discretion and confidentiality;
- An independent self-starter able to work on his/her own as well as part of a team;
- Enthusiastic personality, with a positive, can-do attitude;
- Strong networking skills that enable effective collaboration with a diverse group of partners;
- Agile leader, with the ability to follow through with smart and adaptive implementation of plans;
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills.
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- A Full-time 2-years contract (with possibility to be extended).
Location: Berlin, Germany
Start Date: as soon as possible
How to apply:
Please upload below:
2. short cover letter expressing your motivation for this role
3. both in English!
Only applications following the HOW TO APPLY instructions will be considered for the role!
European Climate Foundation
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: