Account Manager (f/m/x) Supply Chain
CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with institutional investors with assets of US$96 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 7,000 companies with over 50% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2018. This is in addition to the over 750 cities, states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP, formerly Carbon Disclosure Project, is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Visit http://www.cdp.net/ or follow us @CDP to find out more.
Location: Berlin, Germany
Application deadline: Rolling
Earliest starting date: As soon as possible
Would you enjoy working to preserve our planet?
Do you think engaging with large global companies can be an impactful lever for change?
Do you have a particular interest in working closely with some of Europe’s largest companies to drive action on reducing emissions in their supply chains?
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to support CDP’s corporate engagement work in Continental Europe. In your role as Account Manager in the Supply Chain team, you will accelerate our mission and motivate global multinationals with expertise, enthusiasm and endurance on the strategic journey to limiting climate change, improving water stewardship and curbing deforestation from direct corporate business practices.
The role includes
- Developing and executing strategic plans to implement CDP requests and related KPI criteria with major and diverse supply chains by engaging large corporations in Europe as members of CDP’s supply chain program;
- Responsibility for recruiting new members to join the supply chain program;
- Fulfilling the membership objectives set by CDP including personal meetings, workshops, external communication and collaboration with other organizations if deemed fruitful;
- Establishing, maintaining and leveraging relationships with relevant sustainability and procurement managers as well as trade associations, industry working groups and other organizations working in the sustainable supply chain and procurement field;
- Supporting member companies in executing and expanding supplier disclosure and incorporating analysis tools and CDP scores into their procurement decisions;
- Presenting at conferences and other events to raise awareness and develop new leads for future members of the program;
- Creatively developing and refining presentations, brochures and marketing material as well as the inherent program offering together with the Supply Chain team;
- Contributing to the regional teams by integrating the Supply Chain work of regional members;
- Active coordination with other CDP teams to engage with stakeholders in an efficient and organized manner;
- Other work supporting the program’s operations and international presence, as required.
The successful candidate will have
- Minimum BA/BSc degree or relevant experience;
- Proven track record in business development or sales with persistence, endurance and creativity and work experience in account management;
- Good business communications experience and a very strong command of business language, with ability to interact convincingly with people at different levels of seniority and different cultural backgrounds;
- Proven strong negotiation and networking skills. Ideally with existing contacts in networks across businesses in Europe, including relevant contacts within trade associations and industry working groups;
- Proven skills in public speaking and collaboration with corporations in industry working groups;
- A clear understanding of the aims, objectives and processes of CDP and CDP’s supply chain program and a strong conviction about CDPs impact;
- IT skills and knowledge of client relationship management system and data analysis programs desirable, or ability to learn quickly (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, CRM tools);
- Willingness to travel across continental Europe on occasion;
- Proven data analysis skills with love for details plus good research/ argumentation skills;
- Ability to manage time effectively and work within an annual process with shifting priorities;
- Fluent in German and English or any other major European language a plus.
Other skills and experience a plus
- Experience in working on climate change and sustainability topics, with a special focus on GHG emissions and /or water / forest and within a corporate environment, or from a procurement perspective a plus;
- Ability and willingness to work in a multi-national team with virtual communication (MS Teams etc.);
- Strong organisational and planning skills – both at strategic and operational levels;
- Flexibility and creative problem-solving.
What we offer
- Exciting and challenging tasks in an international team with flat hierarchies and quick decision making;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at Sony Centre/Potsdamer Platz with free hot and cold beverages.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany, and will work closely with the Corporate Engagement team and report to the Associate Director Corporate Development.
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their complete application documents (motivation letter addressed to Kate Redington, CV, references/certificates and salary expectations) in English, as a single PDF file and via email to email@example.com with “AM Supply Chain – First name Last name” in the subject line.
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.
Potsdamerplatz, Kemperplatz 1
Frau Kate Redington
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: