International IT Business Developer (f/m/x) for the land use sector
UNIQUE forestry and land use GmbH
UNIQUE is a leading consulting firm for sustainable natural resource management, with a specific focus on forestry, agriculture and climate change. UNIQUE’s headquarters are located in Freiburg, in the Southwest of Germany. We have offices in Boppard (Germany) and Asunción (Paraguay). Permanent representatives of the company are based in Vietnam, Kyrgyzstan and East Africa. Our team consists of forestry and agricultural engineers, economists and political scientists.
The Division of Forest Investment is delivering the following services:
With more than 60 permanent staff members, we have a large and diverse team of experts. This allows us to deliver high quality consultancies in different fields of relevance for the land use sector.
- Due diligence and investment advisory services.
- Sector analytics, i.e. sector studies and assessments of investment environments for the private sector, market studies, value chain diagnostics and supply-demand analyses.
- Development of small tree growers and SMEs, i.e. value chain and market integration of small tree growers/SMEs; design and management of incentive schemes for small forest enterprises.
We are recruiting an
international IT business developer
with experience and affinity in forestry and agriculture.
The candidate will develop services and supporting the marketing and development of our open-source Management Information System (MIS), including App solutions, which is already used by a number of NGOs and private companies to support extension services, financial inclusion, input provision, market access and monitoring & reporting requirements of 60,000 smallholder farms.
The IT business developer is expected to report to our MIS manager and to work closely with our programmer and consultants providing the services. The ideal candidate has a business and/or IT background, with working experiences in the land use sector.
Tasks and responsibilities
The main responsibilities and tasks of the international IT business developer will be
- Support our MIS manager in the development of open-source MIS software and related services tailored to client needs
- Work with project teams and develop the business and marketing strategies for the IT solutions and apps
- Implement the business strategy by proactive marketing and presentation in formats suitable for clients / investors
- Project management, in line with clients’ standards and expectations
Required qualifications and expertise
- Master degree in Business Administration, IT studies or related studies
- Sound technical knowledge related to database and App development
- Experiences in and interest for the land use sector (forestry and agriculture) would be beneficial
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience, preferably in an international work environment
- Strong inter-personal skills and comfortable interacting in teams, across different cultures
- Agile and talented salesperson and willingness to travel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, good knowledge / proficiency in Spanish would be an additional asset
- The duty station for this position is flexible.
The position requires regular short-term missions into project countries and to UNIQUE headquarters in Freiburg, Germany. UNIQUE offers a dynamic and innovative work environment. We are a diverse and highly motivated international team. UNIQUE offers flexible work arrangements and a competitive salary and benefit package.
Applications from women are particularly welcome.
Please send your application (CV and motivation letter) by April 30, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications in pdf-Format will be accepted. Please tell us in your E-Mail how did you hear about this position.
UNIQUE forestry and land use GmbH
79098 Freiburg im Breisgau
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: