Senior Financial Accountant (f/m/x)
CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with institutional investors with assets of US$100 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 6,300 companies with some 55% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2017. This is in addition to the over 500 cities and 100 states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP, formerly Carbon Disclosure Project, is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Please visit www.cdp.net or follow us @CDP to find out more.
Due to the continuous, strong growth of our organisation we are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join CDP Europe’s Finance & Administration team.
About the role
You will be a key member of CDP Europe’s Finance team, looking for ways to apply your experience to ensure improving and developing all finance related processes. This position is an exciting opportunity for a professional to take over handling of financial accounting tasks, in a smooth and efficient co-operation with the existing team members.
The role includes
- Maintaining overall operational accountancy for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable, supporting Intercompany Accounting;
- Recording financial transactions in CDP’s accounting system (DATEV);
- Assisting preparation and transmitting of VAT related reports (VAT returns and EC intra community sales lists) to authorities;
- Grant related budget preparations and reporting towards grant proposals;
- Supporting Director Finance & Administration, Europe, with reporting, budget comparisons and financial statements preparations;
- Supporting with preparing our monthly payroll files for our external payroll provider;
- Point of contact for banks, vendors, auditors and tax advisor;
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have
- Successfully completed commercial training or business studies with a focus on accounting;
- 3+ years’ work experience in financial accounting, ideally in the non-profit sector;
- Good knowledge of common financial accounting programs, ideally DATEV;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook and Excel;
- Fluent German and at least a very good command of spoken and written English;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with teams in a multi-national setting;
- A high-level of self-motivation, ability to take the initiative, multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure;
- Ability to work independently, accurately and in a structured manner;
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, attention to detail.
What we offer
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, innovative and highly motivated team;
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a good cause;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at Sony Centre/Potsdamer Platz with free hot and cold beverages.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany, and will work closely with and report to Director Finance & Administration, Europe.
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their application documents in German or English (motivation letter addressed to Anna Rychlewska, CV, references/certificates, salary expectations and earliest starting date), as a single PDF file and via email to email@example.com with “Financial Accountant – First name Last name” in the subject line.
Before you apply We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant's privacy notice. By emailing us your application, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: