Germany Team Leader (f/m/x)
350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis. Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in over 188 countries. 350.org works hard to organize in a new way—everywhere at once, using online tools to facilitate strategic offline action. We want to be a laboratory for the best ways to strengthen the climate movement and catalyze transformation around the world. The values that guide and drive our work are listed here: https://350.org/values/
We are looking for an experienced and committed campaigner, with strong people and program management skills, to lead 350.org’s work in Germany.
Working in close collaboration with our small staff team in Germany and with partner organisations, you will be responsible for steering our work to achieve ambitious campaign goals. You will identify emerging threats and opportunities, and work in partnership with others to develop strategies to respond to them. You will be directly delivering elements of the team’s strategy yourself, while supporting other team members to deliver the rest.
Our strategy is focused on helping to grow a powerful and diverse movement of activists and campaign groups to take on the fossil fuel industry, and its political and financial backers. In the coming year, we will be particularly focused on building grassroots power to accelerate the coal phase-out and to avoid a switch to gas as a ‘transition fuel’.
Areas of responsibility include
- Team management: creating a collaborative and empowering environment that allows every member of the team to excel in their role and to develop professionally
- Strategic leadership: leading the team to develop and deliver ambitious campaigns and organising strategies
- Working with partners: Build and strengthen strategic alliances with a wide-range of partners to increase the scale and impact of our work
- Communications: Leading on the team’s communications strategy, developing compelling narratives and increasing the reach of our messages via traditional and online media
- Representing 350.org to external audiences (e.g. public speaking; media interviews; advocacy meetings)
Required skills & experience
- 6 or more years of relevant experience, including 2 or more years in a management or leadership position
- Experience of leading geographically dispersed teams to work collaboratively to achieve shared goals
- Experience of line-managing staff or volunteers
- Experience of developing and delivering successful campaign strategies
- Experience of building relationships and working effectively with a diverse range of external stakeholders (e.g. community organisers; NGOs; academics; media)
- Strong project management skills, ensuring multiple areas of work are successfully delivered on time and on budget
- Strong communication skills, adaptable to different target audiences
- Strong understanding of the political and social context for campaigning in Germany
- Experience working on social justice issues such as climate justice, racial justice, economic justice, human rights, LGBTQIA rights, women’s rights, indigenous peoples’ rights, refugee and migrant rights, workers rights, etc.
- Ability to work in both German and English
- Must embrace and be able to integrate principles of diversity, equity and inclusion into strategies and operationalise them in day-to-day work.
- Resilient and able to lead in times of stress. Able to manage organisational change.
Desired (but not required) skills and experience
- Experience working with the climate movement in Germany
- Experience of working with the media
- Experience of grassroots organising
- Experience of digital campaigning
- Experience of working in a geographically dispersed team, including working collaboratively with teams in other countries on cross-regional or global campaigns.
- We are looking for someone who is committed to contributing to an inclusive and diverse working culture; who is happy working alone and as part of a team; and who has a flexible and collaborative approach to work and to management.
1850 M Street NW. Suite 1100
DC 20036 Washington
Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: