Postdoc Global Structure Elucidation (m/f/d)
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance.
Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop
As a reliable partner of the rural economy, Crop Protection offers innovative, sustainable solutions for plant protection and health. With the agricultural center in Limburgerhof, close to the BASF Group headquarters in Ludwigshafen, you can expect an attractive place for both work and play in the Rhine-Neckar region.
Learn more about BASF SE at on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
In our unit Global Metabolism & Structure we ensure that our crop protection agents meet the highest standards in terms of safety for the consumer and the environment.
Therefore we use the latest analytical technology to identify the structures of metabolites and degradation products.
- You will plan, conduct and timely deliver all agreed studies as well as lab activities according to the compliance, safety (including radio safety), GLP and financial requirements.
- Furthermore, you will have structure elucidation responsibilities for several crop protection active ingredients, including the identification of impurities and side-products, metabolites as well as degradation products.
- You are responsible for the coordination of all structure related scientific topics of an active ingredient, including all relevant project work in alignment with customers as well as the structure elucidation team.
- In addition, you will work on projects in the field of ion-mobility as well as on setting up a solid phase extraction technology.
- You will constantly look out for scientific developments, new methodologies and techniques in the area of structure elucidation.
- Last but not least, you will manage necessary resources to reach project goals including the efficient use of external suppliers, contractors and the expertise of our colleagues.
What we expect
- You have a PhD in chemistry, analytical or natural product chemistry and a strong scientific background in chemical analytics as well as in structure elucidation.
- Besides that, you have experience in the areas of high-resolution mass spectrometry as well as nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy.
- Furthermore, you are interested in software development and have basic knowledge in programming.
- You have excellent German as well as English language skills, that enable you to make new contacts with ease.
- On a personal level, you communicate in a trustworthy manner with authenticity to contribute to the team's work and therefore jointly reach goals.
From day one you will be part of the BASF family. You will get involved in challenging fields of activity and have the opportunity to work on exciting projects in an
interdisciplinary environment. Depending on the location of the respective group company you will get to know BASF and participate in various workshops and guided
tours. In this way you will make numerous interesting experiences and get a deep insight into the world's leading chemical company.
Working area: Research & Development
Location: BASF SE, Limburgerhof
Working hours: Full-time
Contract type: Thesis
Reference code: EN58051794_ONLE_1
Please apply online at
For more information please contact:
Tel.: 00800 33 0000 33
Information regarding internships: on.basf.com/internship
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally.
Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
00800 33 0000 33
Reference code: EN58051794_ONLE_1
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: