Programme Coordinator (m/f/d)
Blue Action Fund
BLUE ACTION FUND is searching for a: Programme Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
CLOSING DATE: January 1, 2020
START DATE: As soon as possible
CONTRACT: Full time, permanent
ABOUT BLUE ACTION FUND
Blue Action Fund is a foundation financed with public funding from Germany, Sweden and France. By providing grants to non-governmental organisations working in developing countries, Blue Action Fund seeks to conserve marine biodiversity for future generations and to improve the lives of local people today. Since its start of operation in 2018, the foundation launched several calls for proposals and provided nine grants. Further calls for proposals are
expected in the coming years, including thematic calls focussing on ecosystem-based adaptation. The Blue Action Fund is seeking a Programme Coordinator to support the administration and management, monitoring and evaluation, and development of the grant programme and the overall organisation.
This post offers the opportunity to shape and drive a growing grant portfolio of marine conservation projects in developing countries while playing an integral role in the further development of a young organisation. Based in Berlin, you will work with Blue Action Fund’s Executive Director and a small team to administer, manage, monitor and evaluate the grant programme. You will support grantees to comply with funding requirements, e.g. through developing further guidelines and by responding to individual requests. You will contribute to the appraisal of grant proposals, negotiations of grant agreements, and the monitoring and
evaluation of ongoing projects. It is expected that you will play a leading role in the administration and management of a new funding window focusing on ecosystem-based adaptation work in the Western Indian Ocean (South Africa, Madagascar, Mozambique and Tanzania). You will have key responsibilities in improving and professionalising the overall work of the programme and the foundation at all levels. You will work closely with Blue Action Fund’s partner - Nature Trust Alliance - and support outreach and communication activities. Within a very small team you will be ready to support all tasks that might need to be addressed.
- Ensure compliance of grantees with all requirements, including procurement policies, subcontracts and reporting requirements;
- Ensure grantees’ compliance with Blue Action Fund’s Environmental and Social Safeguard policies;
- Administer, verify, initiate and monitor payment requests;
- Track and monitor deadlines for reporting from grantees as well as to Blue Action Fund’s donors;
- Support contract management for grantees, consultants and other service providers;
- Respond to individual questions from grantees;
- Ensure, review and assess bi-annual reporting from Grantees;
- Support maintaining and updating grant database;
- Prepare and evaluate external review & audit of grants;
- Support reporting to funders, specifically to the Green Climate Fund;
- Support the development of calls for proposals and the appraisal of concept notes and full proposals;
- Support development of administrative and operational procedures for programme and office;
- Any other tasks as requested by the Executive Director.
All candidates for the position must provide evidence of the following:
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in project administration and management;
- Experience in the field of development cooperation with a proven track record in sectors like environmental protection or natural resource management;
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline, such as law, public administration, marine biology, ocean science, environmental studies etc.;
- Strong interpersonal skills, empathy for project stakeholders and staff, and passion for the demanding and multi-faceted work in marine conservation and development;
- Excellent language skills in English and at least good language skills in German;
- Superior knowledge of working with Microsoft Office;
- Adaptability to frequently changing project requirements and needs;
- Ability to travel to target countries.
In addition, experience or knowledge in at least some of the following areas is desirable:
- Writing of funding proposals / appraisal of funder’s requests;
- Marine conservation / sustainable livelihoods / ecosystem-based adaptation;
- Working with NGOs and/or the Green Climate Fund;
- Additional language skills (Spanish, Portuguese, French);
- Regional expertise in the Western Indian Ocean;
- Knowledge of working with Salesforce.
You are an energetic, self-starting individual who can express ideas and is able to work alone with little direction and within remote teams. You are detail-oriented and processminded, but also flexible enough to enjoy working for an organisation that is expected to continually evolve in the coming years. You can come from the NGO, foundation, public administration or private sector, but you should have vast experience in project administration and management. You are comfortable working in a small organisation and understand that this means every day is different. You are very well-rounded and have a passion for learning and doing new things. You are ambitious, creative, helpful, and have a good sense of humour. You have written and spoken fluency in English and at least good knowledge of German. You are able to travel nationally and internationally.
Expressions of interest should be submitted electronically, in English. Please include in a single pdf document:
In addition, please submit a memo (max. one page) to Blue Action Fund’s management board on what you think are the most crucial elements for effective management of Blue Action Fund’s grant portfolio or recommendations how to further enhance Blue Action Fund’s grant management. Please send the entire application to email@example.com, indicating in the subject line [Your name] Coordinator. Deadline: January 1 Close of Business, 2020.
- a letter of motivation (not more than one page) indicating your salary expectations and two references,
- curriculum vitae.
Blue Action Fund
c/o Nature Trust Alliance
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: