Legal Counsel (m/f/d)
FSC Global Development GmbH
The Legal Department supports all legal and compliance aspects of the FSC Group and advises FSC’s management and its specialized departments in their daily business affairs. The overall scope covers a variety of law fields, including contract and commercial, private international, labor, anti-trust and competition, intellectual property, corporate and tax, IT, tenancy, insurance, public and environmental law.
You are a generalist with special interest in business law and an international orientation. You are able to support in a variety of legal matters, with a direct reporting line to the Head of the Legal Department. You are confident to cooperate with different stakeholders to reach practical and service-oriented solutions.
The responsibilities and tasks as Legal Counsel include:
- Preparation of legal assessment reports and carrying out research activities.
- Support in the enforcement of FSC’s intellectual property rights and especially false claims cases conducted by certificate holders as well as support in dispute resolution cases.
- Drafting and reviewing of contracts.
- Support to and development of new legal compliance programs, e.g. in light of corporate, tax, labor and data protection law etc. applicable to an international organization.
- Training and guidance to members of other departments of the FSC Group including the wider network.
- Cooperation with and substitution of other members in the Legal Department.
- Individual projects as assigned by the Head of the Legal Department.
- University degree in law. For lawyers educated in Germany: Second State Examination.
- Ideally at least three years of professional experience as practising attorney in a law firm or in-house counsel in a legal department of an international organization.
- Experience in dealing with authorities, courts and law firms is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English and German (spoken and written) is required due to being FSC’s daily working language. Spanish is an advantage.
- Good time management skills: ability to perform well while handling simultaneously several functions.
- Service-oriented attitude to work focusing on solving legal challenges with a strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
- Proven ability to plan and organize work proactively. Experience in project management is a big plus.
- Good skills in the use of the standard software packages, in particular MS Office 365, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with Dynamics 365, MS SharePoint, MS Vision and MS Project is helpful.
- Experience with contract databases or in general knowledge management platforms is an asset.
- Ability to work as a team player in a multi-cultural, inter-disciplinary and multi-lingual team.
- Commitment to FSC’s values and mission.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Starting Date: 1st March 2020 or as soon as possible
- Working Hours: Full-time - 40 hours per week or half-time - 20 hours per week
- Duration of contract: The position is limited for 2 years with the possibility for extension.
- Travel: the position includes sporadic travel
FSC Global Development GmbH
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: